• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it legal for her to record my mom and I without our consent at our house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
While it's not something I would encourage as a parenting technique, I was spanked with a wooden spoon more than once as a child. Best laugh of my life was when Mom broke one on my brother's butt.

I really do think its kinda much ado about nothing.... Sorry, peeps.

G'Night!

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
And as OP didn't state the age of the children, they could very well be toddlers. Swatting a 16 year old with a wooden spoon is one thing (not advised, but perhaps not much damage), but a toddler? Or an infant? Not cool. And for g'ma to call CPS? Tells me there's a lot more going on.

Just Blue

While it's not something I would encourage as a parenting technique, I was spanked with a wooden spoon more than once as a child. Best laugh of my life was when Mom broke one on my brother's butt.

I really do think its kinda much ado about nothing.... Sorry, peeps.

G'Night!
It wasn't a spoon...it was a spatula according to the op's 1st posting. Those are kinda heavy and could leave rather serious welts and black and blues. As the mother is only 30 I would imagine the children are under 10.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">