• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Distance Parenting Plan Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
There is a point where the GAL needs to make a recommendation. The judge clearly asked him in June after the forensic report was released what his recommendation was for the child. He said he's not ready to give one yet because both parents have valid points for custody. My attorney asked him if he read the report and if so how is it he can still think both parents have valid points? To which he said "of course I read the report, you think I didn't read the report?" To which my attorney said again "if you read the report how can you possibly think both parents points are valid?". He never answered the question. The report clearly stated that the father admitted to hitting our son at 14 months, smoking marijuana daily and domestic violence against me. It also revealed a personality disorder. GAL was also opposed to a forensic evaluation.

How is me making memorable moments with my son bribing him? I've worked hard at my career and am being compensating for my hard work so I'm not supposed to give my son things because Dad doesn't? It's not that he cant afford to, he'd rather spend his money on luxury cars and motorcycles.

I asked my attorney about this months ago. He does not think this would be a good idea since GAL was appointed by the judge. He says this would be looked upon negatively by the judge and put us on her bad side.
You're talking about a *3* year old.

He won't remember that Disney trip when he's 10. Save your money.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You're talking about a *3* year old.

He won't remember that Disney trip when he's 10. Save your money.
My son does. However, Disney at Christmas is HORRID. The parks CLOSE to more guests because they reach capacity and lines for everything (even the dumbest rides like Stitch) are several hours long. NOT the time to go. I am not saying she should not take her son. I am saying PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING DO NOT GO BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS. GO the second week in January when NO ONE is there and prices are cheaper for hotels and such.

Some websites: https://www.mousesavers.com/so-you-just-have-to-visit-disney-world-at-christmas/
http://allears.net/tp/h_christmas.htm
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k5951878-How_crowded_will_Disney_World_be_in_christmas_week-Orlando_Florida.html
https://www.disboards.com/threads/christmas-week-at-disney-world-tips-wanted.3113230/

I can give you more but YOU deserve to enjoy Disney. And Christmas week is NOT the week to enjoy it and see a lot.

But if you must:

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/events/holidays/

Last edited:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING DO NOT GO BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS.
I was going to take him 28th-30th thinking I'd miss the Christmas madness but you have me rethinking this. :eek: I was looking forward to Animal Kingdom as I know he would LOVE all the animals.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I was going to take him 28th-30th thinking I'd miss the Christmas madness but you have me rethinking this. :eek: I was looking forward to Animal Kingdom as I know he would LOVE all the animals.
Honestly? At that age, I found big places like that (yes, even Animal Kingdon) was kind of wasted. They enjoyed the basic local zoos just as much if not more. Well, except the gift shops...

LdiJ

Honestly? At that age, I found big places like that (yes, even Animal Kingdon) was kind of wasted. They enjoyed the basic local zoos just as much if not more. Well, except the gift shops...
My daughter remembers our trip to Disney World when she was three, very well. She was just showing the album of pictures to her children not so long ago. They totally believe in the magic of it at three.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
PLEASE, NO! PM me and I will send you information on Disney. My family and I have gone 7 times since 2007. Please do NOT go that week. PLEASE. Children at the age of 3 can appreciate it. BUT not that week. YOU WILL BE MISERABLE.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My daughter remembers our trip to Disney World when she was three, very well. She was just showing the album of pictures to her children not so long ago. They totally believe in the magic of it at three.
I can agree but NOT THAT WEEK. NOT the week between Christmas and New Years. NO. NEVER. She needs to go during a slow time of year when her child and her can ignore it. Everyone else has answered the visitation but I don't want to see her wasting her money and vacation going to Disney when ALL she will be doing is STANDING IN LINE. I have gone and the most I have stood in line is 1 hour... for one ride. The rest was pretty much walk ons. EVERY TIME I WENT. Christmas time -- between Christmas and New Years -- she will be spending hours in line for ONE ride/attraction. NO!

CJane

Is the trip a "look, I am a better parent" moment for your child? You have stated you earn far more than his dad. I see doing this in the middle of a custody war as bribing the child. Orlando's activities should be there for many years to come.
You are off your rocker.

Mine and Hubby's combined income is significantly more than either ex's is. By your logic, we should never do anything fun while there's a custody issue in play?! Completely asinine. "Sorry kids, step-Mom is having custody issues, so no vacation this year. We don't want to look like we're bribing HER kids. Nope, sorry other kids. We couldn't vacation last year because step-Mom was having a custody issue, but this year I'm having one with Mom, so no vacation..."

His ex took the kids camping for a few days, and sent them to some day camps. We took the kids to the coast to watch the eclipse, and on a week long trip down to Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, the Redwoods, etc. We weren't BRIBING the children. We were taking a vacation. But ya know what? We'd NEVER ask any of the kids (now ranging in age from 9-20) where they "want" to live. So bribery would be stupid anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">