• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

other parent refusing to share medical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mum2one

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Va

other parent who is a Narc to a T and plays mind games continues to control and withhold information.

Current issue is one teen who lives with him was taken for two different drug testing, one blood and
Hair testing . Father is giving me the results , but refuses to send me copy’s . I am unable to
Get them from lab where testing where taken because father paid privately himself so he is
The one that got results. I don’t know why he won’t give me copies, we have joint legal custody .
My son at the time of testing asked for copy of form he filled out and signed prior to testing. Because he
Wanted me to have a copy. He knew father would not give me one. Father provided step mothers
Number to receive the results. Our son is 17, 18 next mth. He wants me to have a copy of these
Results but the lab will not provide them because father ordered it, and paid.

What are my rights in this case. With out seeing the results l cannot believe my ex with word
To word, he lies a lot or has in past. Our son knows this which is why he made sure to get a copy
At the time, prior to testings. Should father provide me copy on my request even as it does not sound
Like it will go into his medical file because doctor did not order the hair testing.

Thank you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm guessing Dad & kid are saying the test was negative, but Mom is dubious.

I wonder if the doctor who ordered the blood test can provide at least that result.

LdiJ

I wonder if the doctor who ordered the blood test can provide at least that result.
Or dad is saying its positive in order to make restrictions on the child and mom, and mom and the child do not necessarily believe him and want to see for themselves.

t74

She could avoid the fight and have the kid tested on her dime. It would be cheaper than the lawyer's fees to go to court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Or dad is saying its positive in order to make restrictions on the child and mom, and mom and the child do not necessarily believe him and want to see for themselves.
Hmmm.... Didn't think of that!

mum2one

no, he did not a doctor did not order the hair test. He went private, paid out of pocket, so l assume that copy does not need be in the doctors file? I am unsure.

mum2one

Test was supposendly negative, altho son admittted to smoking pot within previous weeks. He gave me results in a message, but l want to see a copy as does our Son. He wont provide that. Saying he paid.

mum2one

She could avoid the fight and have the kid tested on her dime. It would be cheaper than the lawyer's fees to go to court.
being testing again at this time is not relevant. what l want is copy of lab results. He will not provide me a copy. Lab works will not either, because he ordered it, and paid.

mum2one

Hmmm.... Didn't think of that!
correct, he did make retrictions. To all our comminications also. taking away phone, etc. At this point, with little time left before son is 18, fighting it out in court is not worth it. He knows this, so is all over the order. I just do not get why he will.not provide a copy to back up his claims, its negavtive which is good. l want to see those negative results. Thats all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">