• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overseas Business Travel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbt@nj

I am a resident of New Jersey and currently work in Wilmington, Delaware. My work is sending me to Ireland for five months to train staff at our international office. I have visitation with my son (2.5 years old) every Wednesday and every other weekend. I have filed a motion in court (no attorney) to allow my family to see him while I am temporarily gone. I live with my parents (2 years now) and they have bonded with my son. My ex hates my family and is contesting the motion. Can she NOT allow my family to see him while I am gone? Can she also bring up other issues (i.e. support, visitation) in this motion hearing? And can she change our current order while I am out of the country? I'm trying to save for a house and legal fees would set that back. Do you have any advice? Thanks.:confused:

M

Mugs23

She can do whatever she wants. You are on the right track getting this all done now - but I really would suggest a lawyer if it were me. I know they can get expensive, but it's worth it to have this done right, especially if your ex is getting a lawyer too.

I do not know the laws in NJ about grandparent visitation, but I know they are really pushing the issue in general to let grandparents have rights too. A rational person would not have an issue with this - maybe bring up the point that it would be free babysitting for her :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">