• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP , my father abandoned me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

I can't vouch for Tawian, but you don't have a claim for ANYTHING in the US. Perhaps your mother does, but frankly, unless she pressed the issue while you were a child, she's not getting retroactive compensation now.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I counted. If US law applied here, which it does not, there are nine states in which the mother might under some limited circumstances have a claim to a small percentage of the estate. Not the part that was gifted to someone else. Under no law would she be entitled to anything but a percentage of what was left. And too bad for our greedy little poster - since US law does not apply it doesn't matter one whit what she might have been able to claim if US law applies.

And in no way, under any US law in any state, does the poster himself have a claim to a single penny. I hope this is now clear to him. Because he's posting this question all over the internet and the obvious desperation of his greed is making me ill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">