• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justme22

when does your sister turn 18? reason I'm asking is because it may take longer to go thru the court system than to wait until she turns 18.

nurse2b05

could be too late!

justme22 said:
when does your sister turn 18? reason I'm asking is because it may take longer to go thru the court system than to wait until she turns 18.
My sister just turned 17 and the situation that she's in is really a bad one! She has never called the police so there is no evidence on file at the police dept.! My mother is a negligent parent and we shouldn't have a problem proving that(Bruises/scars,truancy,caught driving w/out licence @2a.m., the list goes on..). If she stays in this house she could be seriously affected.Do you think this will still be a long process??

Zephyr

If she stays in this house she could be seriously affected.

I think this is being a bit overly dramatic... :rolleyes:
at 17 your sister should be able to get herself to school
at 17 your sister knows better than to drive without a license, at 2 am.

did you recently graduate from college and get your own place? sis may be thinking the grass is greener on your side of the fence?

nurse2b05

WANNACRY said:
If she stays in this house she could be seriously affected.

I think this is being a bit overly dramatic... :rolleyes:
at 17 your sister should be able to get herself to school
at 17 your sister knows better than to drive without a license, at 2 am.

did you recently graduate from college and get your own place? sis may be thinking the grass is greener on your side of the fence?
I wish it was that simple!! Im obvioulsy not getting the legal advice I need! Have you never been 17???

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
nurse2b05 said:
I wish it was that simple!! Im obvioulsy not getting the legal advice I need! Have you never been 17???
Totally moot. If she runs away and you put her up, you can be charged with harboring a runaway. If she is being abused ro neglected, it needs to be reported to the proper authorities. Where is her father?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">