• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

domino4life

What is the name of your state? Tx

another question! and please I know it wrong and prob wont happen. just wondering! so PLEASE i dont need any rude or sarcastic replys!

What could happen if the mother of 2 babys ages 2 & 1. takes off out of state and doesnt let anyone know where shes going?

CandiceH

you need to be more specific. Who has custody? Is there even a custody order? I believe that there are too many things that you have left out for you to get a proper legal answer.

Rushia

domino4life said:

another question! and please I know it wrong and prob wont happen. just wondering! so PLEASE i dont need any rude or sarcastic replys!

What could happen if the mother of 2 babys ages 2 & 1. takes off out of state and doesnt let anyone know where shes going?
Then she is playing a very dangerous game. I read your other post. Your g/f needs to do this properly. She need to give dad and the court proper notification that she is leaving according to her states guidelines (and cause your such a little snot, I'm not going to look it up for you---google is your friend). She could very well be ordered to give custody to the father.

domino4life

first of all thanks for normal replys!
second i wasnt trying to be a "lil snot" in the last post. I admit i did take it a little to personaly, but others were being rude too.

So anyway your answer was what i was actually trying to get in my last post kinda.
If you would be so kind to help me out a little here. im not a very good googler lol.

I want to do things the right way. so does she. thats why I came to this forum, for direction. she has tried to get the dad to be involved with the kids, but hes more intrested in getting her back. which wont happen. I am willing and wanting to be there for her and the kids. butt there is very limited job opps down there and would be hard to support a family.

does there have to be a court order? can she offer him a deal that if put on paper and he signed would hold up. like not asking him to pay child support(which he doesnt anyway) or any other financial responsibilities. and giving him summers & maybe christmas break. and we'll pay travel costs. or it just ahs to be done in court? do you need lawyer? or can it be done on your own? thanks in advance!

abstract99

She can ask dad to agree to anything but most of it prolly won't hold up in court. You cannot BRIBE someone. Say that you don't want CS if you get more time with the kids. Besides, she can petition the court to move. She will have an oportunity to say why she wants to move and the dad will be able to present his own defence, the courts will make a decision from here.

By the way, most of the people here want to help but if you will not listen to what they say then no-one can help you there.

Rushia

domino4life said:
first of all thanks for normal replys!
second i wasnt trying to be a "lil snot" in the last post. I admit i did take it a little to personaly, but others were being rude too.
I saw no rudeness in your last thread. People simply pointed out that they needed information that you did not have. We need to know what the court order says and you obviously do not have access to it.

domino4life said:
So anyway your answer was what i was actually trying to get in my last post kinda.
If you would be so kind to help me out a little here. im not a very good googler lol.
No, I will not help someone who is willing to kidnap another man's child for his own purposes.

domino4life said:
I want to do things the right way. so does she. thats why I came to this forum, for direction. she has tried to get the dad to be involved with the kids, but hes more intrested in getting her back. which wont happen. I am willing and wanting to be there for her and the kids. butt there is very limited job opps down there and would be hard to support a family.
You are talking about her running off and concealing the children. It is commendable that you want to help her and the children, however you cannot take these children from their father. You will never have any LEGAL say regarding them. Your g/f wanting to move to be with you would not be a reason for the court to allow her to move.

domino4life said:
does there have to be a court order? can she offer him a deal that if put on paper and he signed would hold up. like not asking him to pay child support(which he doesnt anyway) or any other financial responsibilities. and giving him summers & maybe christmas break. and we'll pay travel costs. or it just ahs to be done in court? do you need lawyer? or can it be done on your own? thanks in advance!
Are you talking about a noterized statement? It will be worthless. She needs to do it properly thru the courts. The father has every right to fight her moving HIS children away from him. She needs a better reason than "she wants to be with you".

domino4life said:

Lots of things. You need to give us details.
Were you married to the father of the kids?
Are the kids from the same father?
Is there a Court Order?
Are you receiving child support?
Do the kids see the other parent(s) regularly.

You can get into a heap of trouble. You can even lose custody of your kids if you just leave.

domino4life

without getting in to a heated battle again! its not a trying to kidnap someone elses kid. I was just one of the curiosity questions. with no backing behind it. just so thats clear! not a kidnapper here!

Like Ive said before we want to go to court and do it the LEGAL way. just dont have the money for a lawyer. that why i was asking if it could be done without one and how so?

And again its not that we want to take the kids from thier dad (who doesnt pay them much attention anyway) or for completely selfish reasons either. yes we do want to live here cause there are way more carrer options w/benifits and higher wages. which isnt just good for ourselves but the ablity to provide better care & enviorment & education for the kids.

Down there most of the jobs unless your in the oil refinery buisness are retail and fast food. there is alot of people using county assitance even though they work. because its not enough. she does right now. we would rather work hard and provide for our own. which is better for everyone honestly. a few less mouths on the countys bill.

you dont know much about the kids dad. but hes pretty much a dead beat dad. Im not being selfish for me, im being selfish for them. like i said he doesnt pay them any attention, he paid child support one month then quit his job so he didnt have to pay anymore. is suspected of selling drugs for money. and was physicaly,mentaly, and emotionaly abuseive to the mom in front of the kids. I just want to help give them the things thier real dad has failed to do as a father. Is that so bad, im wrong for that? In my eyes hes the one being selfish by not stepping up to the plate and doing the right things he should be doing. If he where doing the things he should I prob woulnt be here now. he only will fight this, not for the kids but to keep the mom there who wants nothing to do with him.

domino4life

jslopez711 said:
Lots of things. You need to give us details.
Were you married to the father of the kids?
Are the kids from the same father?
Is there a Court Order?
Are you receiving child support?
Do the kids see the other parent(s) regularly.

You can get into a heap of trouble. You can even lose custody of your kids if you just leave.
thanks also! yeah not looking to just leave, want to find out the legal way to go about it.

not me but i do know most the answers--
not married to the dad
same dad
not court ordered i dont think, I think it was mediation. dont know if theres a difference.
paid chils support first month then quit his job so he wouldnt have to
he has visitation rights to every other weekend but rarely takes them, when he does he takes the 2 years old for 3 to 6 hours and returns her. never the youngest who is 1 years old. has never kept them for entire weekend he is allowed!

Silverplum

domino4life said:
thanks also! yeah not looking to just leave, want to find out the legal way to go about it.

not me but i do know most the answers--
not married to the dad
same dad
not court ordered i dont think, I think it was mediation. dont know if theres a difference.
paid chils support first month then quit his job so he wouldnt have to
he has visitation rights to every other weekend but rarely takes them, when he does he takes the 2 years old for 3 to 6 hours and returns her. never the youngest who is 1 years old. has never kept them for entire weekend he is allowed!
This is how little you know: Dad does not HAVE to see the kids, EVER. It's his RIGHT to do as he pleases. And that is far more legal info than you deserve, given your snotnose attitude.

I sincerely hope you don't have kids with this broad -- look how she's treating the father of her kids now. Don't think she won't do it to you, if the grass looks greener elsewhere down the road. Then some other man will be looking to snag your kids. Hmmmmm. Karmic.

Silverplum said:
This is how little you know: Dad does not HAVE to see the kids, EVER. It's his RIGHT to do as he pleases. And that is far more legal info than you deserve, given your snotnose attitude.

I sincerely hope you don't have kids with this broad -- look how she's treating the father of her kids now. Don't think she won't do it to you, if the grass looks greener elsewhere down the road. Then some other man will be looking to snag your kids. Hmmmmm. Karmic.
Hey easy, it's not uncommon for a CP to want to move out of state. I believe her concerns to be genuine and sincere.

OP, we always advice that if you want to move out of the state, or create some distance over 100 miles in the state of Texas, that you do it the right way. Hire an attorney and from there let the wheels work.
See, the custodial parent always has the right to designate the childrens residence, unless it is argued by the non-custodial parent. See, I'm assuming that you went through mediation but never actually had the Parenting Agreement approved by any judge? Is that correct? If so, you should have some paperwork from your previous attorney and something signed by a judge.
Let me ask you something else, how was paternity established?

Silverplum

jslopez711 said:
Hey easy, it's not uncommon for a CP to want to move out of state. I believe her concerns to be genuine and sincere.

OP, we always advice that if you want to move out of the state, or create some distance over 100 miles in the state of Texas, that you do it the right way. Hire an attorney and from there let the wheels work.
See, the custodial parent always has the right to designate the childrens residence, unless it is argued by the non-custodial parent. See, I'm assuming that you went through mediation but never actually had the Parenting Agreement approved by any judge? Is that correct? If so, you should have some paperwork from your previous attorney and something signed by a judge.
Let me ask you something else, how was paternity established?
You didn't read his first thread, did you? :rolleyes: He's the bf.

domino4life

Silverplum said:

Silverplum im really tired of your negativity. Im not here to fight with you! Im here for guidance on how to go about this. Stop projecting your own view of what you THINK we are. Everybody life story didnt come out of a fairy tale book. thats probably why most are here asking for advice. were just normal people who have made bad choices in life. Just as anyone can.

I never did say I knew everything. I did say I knew most of the situation. Since you have been keeping up on my posts you would have read that I wrote she has tried very hard to get the dad to be part of thier kids lifes. 99.9% of the time he refuses. Hes more worried about making her life miserable. So its not thats she treating him bad, its actually the oppisite. Its realized that him not being very active in the kids lives doesnt mean he has no pull about where they go. It was said to know if that had any effect on her chances of moving.

Also you make its sound like im some messed up guy who came & stole his girlfriend and kids from him. Thats not the case I met her after they split because he was abusive to her, as I stated before!

jslopez711 said:
I'm assuming that you went through mediation but never actually had the Parenting Agreement approved by any judge? Is that correct?
Like Silverplum said I am just the current BF! dont know about that one for sure right now. Im pretty sure that it was NOT taken in front of, and approved by a judge!

jslopez711 said:
Let me ask you something else, how was paternity established
They were together at the time of both child births! He signed the birth certificate and all.

Silverplum

domino4life said:
Silverplum im really tired of your negativity.
That's fine. I'm tired of you discussing a situation that has NOTHING to do with YOU. YOU are a legal nobody in this situation, and refuse to grasp that.

domino4life said:
I never did say I knew everything. I did say I knew most of the situation.
{snip}
Like Silverplum said I am just the current BF! dont know about that one for sure right now. Im pretty sure that it was NOT taken in front of, and approved by a judge!.
So. You know. You don't know. Funny, the very first response you ever got here was from me, telling you that it was MOM who needed to be here, asking and answering questions about HER kids and HER life. Not you. But noooooooooo. You got all snotty and rude. I guess you didn't care for me calling her "Mummy." Or maybe you didn't care for being told you were irrelevant. Whatever. This is why you can't get valid legal info -- because you. don't. know. anything. (I typed it slowly so you can get it. Maybe.)

domino4life said:
They were together at the time of both child births! He signed the birth certificate and all.
That means nothing, legally.

Again, get Mummy here, or forget it. She can use a computer at the public library, as I suggested previously. If she wants help, she'll get it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">