• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of Parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sharon P.

I've been there financially and emotionally from day one! I asked him to sign over his rights. Again, every time we spoke it was about modifying cs so he can provide fir his other 3kids. I agreed I'd drop cs if he signs over the rights! My child is 7yrs old she dont know her father and it would cause confusion if I just say hey this is your father and siblings. The social worker/guardian at liteum agreed his rights should be terminated cuz she has a strong bond with the man I've been with for 5yrs. That speaks volumes but father wants to go to trial so be it. I'm looking out for my child. The father himself said "the only way he will sign over his rights if my bf agrees to adopt her" now I'm going thru with it.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I've been there financially and emotionally from day one! I asked him to sign over his rights. Again, every time we spoke it was about modifying cs so he can provide fir his other 3kids. I agreed I'd drop cs if he signs over the rights! My child is 7yrs old she dont know her father and it would cause confusion if I just say hey this is your father and siblings. The social worker/guardian at liteum agreed his rights should be terminated cuz she has a strong bond with the man I've been with for 5yrs. That speaks volumes but father wants to go to trial so be it. I'm looking out for my child. The father himself said "the only way he will sign over his rights if my bf agrees to adopt her" now I'm going thru with it.
Oh come on, if you're going to lie you could at least be marginally entertaining while doing so.

Sharon P.

How is that a lie? That's how I was able to get a hearing for the termination of his right because I submitted the email he made that statement. However, he wants to contest it when he said himself he will sign over his rights. I would drop the CS just so I can have the rights to my daugbter.

Would any of you allow your child to meet their father after 5 yrs of being absent? And all they know is one man who has been there?

LdiJ

So, you want to deny your child any knowledge or relationship with her siblings as well as her father? I think that when she gets older she might almost hate you more for denying her, her siblings than denying her, her biological father.

Please understand that your boyfriend is NOT her stepfather therefore a stepparent adoption CANNOT be done at this time.

Eekamouse

So who does your daughter call daddy? Your bed warmer? Or does she know she has a father that her mother doesn't like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Celiahester

In other words, you've actively tried to force the child's father out of his life because you're not being paid. That could be a problem for you.
You are being unfair to this woman
Child support has nothing to do with visitation rights.
If he is unfit or has not attempted to see his child in years this does not mean that if she refuses to let him see her that he should no longer have to pay child support.

Celiahester

yes he is paying now. He went a whole year without paying!
do not worry.. He has to pay child support even if she does not want to spend time with him and btw he owes you money
i am appalled that people here seem to think just because he is paying child support you have to let him see her no matter what.. If he couldn't afford to support her and his 3 other kids then he should have stopped having kids after her.. Don't worry but you should have a lawyer if you can't afford one the court should be able to provide one for you
good luck dear

Celiahester

So who does your daughter call daddy? Your bed warmer? Or does she know she has a father that her mother doesn't like?
Shame on you... Do you know this woman to mistreat her this way? If you can't give advice you should probably refrain from being abusive

Last edited:

Eekamouse

do not worry.. He has to pay child support even if she does not want to spend time with him and btw he owes you money
i am appalled that people here seem to think just because he is paying child support you have to let him see her no matter what.. If he couldn't afford to support her and his 3 other kids then he should have stopped having kids after her.. Don't worry but you should have a lawyer if you can't afford one the court should be able to provide one for you
good luck dear
On what planet does the court appoint you one for free for child custody or support issues?

LdiJ

On what planet does the court appoint you one for free for child custody or support issues?
Actually, New York provides free attorneys (to people who qualify as low income) for family law matters. I do not know if any other states do, but if any do, its not many.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
How is that a lie? That's how I was able to get a hearing for the termination of his right because I submitted the email he made that statement. However, he wants to contest it when he said himself he will sign over his rights. I would drop the CS just so I can have the rights to my daugbter.

Would any of you allow your child to meet their father after 5 yrs of being absent? And all they know is one man who has been there?
My daughter was about 11 before she met her father for the first time, and 16 before the State terminated his rights. The State didn't terminate his rights because I had a hissy fit or wanted my long-term partner to adopt her, his rights were terminated because of the extreme abuse he perpetuated upon another of his children.

The State is not going to terminate your child's father's rights because you want your boyfriend to adopt her, unless your rights are terminated also. Marry the boyfriend, stay married for a couple of years, then maybe you can file to have a step-parent adoption. That's how it works. :cool:

Just Blue

good luck dear
Did you bother to actually read this thread before spouting your nonsense? Do you have any knowledge of AZ custody/support/TPR's? No? Then don't post.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are being unfair to this woman
Nope, I'm not.
Child support has nothing to do with visitation rights.
Exactly...so it's entirely inappropriate that this woman has denied visitation because dad missed a (portion of) his child support obligation.
If he is unfit or has not attempted to see his child in years this does not mean that if she refuses to let him see her that he should no longer have to pay child support.
Are you dense? Really...are you? This woman won't let dad see his kid because he missed some support payment(s). You've got everything backwards. As you were told - stick to your own posts...really.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">