• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of Parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sharon P.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
My child's father has had visitation established since 2012! He's only exhausted those right 3 times since then. He has not made effort to see her in over 5yrs. Now, I will own my wrong I've refused him the visitation when a full child support payment was not paid. However, I petition him to take his rights away. He does have evidence stating the conversation of us going back and forth about child support only or how I made social media post about him not paying. We are going to trial and I'm afraid that my petition might get dismissed if he states I refused him to her also, my address is protected against the other party so he couldn't serve me any court papers! What am I up against?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In other words, you've actively tried to force the child's father out of his life because you're not being paid. That could be a problem for you.

Just Blue

My child's father has had visitation established since 2012! He's only exhausted those right 3 times since then. He has not made effort to see her in over 5yrs. Now, I will own my wrong I've refused him the visitation when a full child support payment was not paid. However, I petition him to take his rights away. He does have evidence stating the conversation of us going back and forth about child support only or how I made social media post about him not paying. We are going to trial and I'm afraid that my petition might get dismissed if he states I refused him to her also, my address is protected against the other party so he couldn't serve me any court papers! What am I up against?
"He only exhausted those rights 3 times"? Would you like to rephrase that perhaps?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
"He only exhausted those rights 3 times"? Would you like to rephrase that perhaps?
She meant "exercised" - but that's three times that she allowed it...he's contacted her several times that she hasn't allowed him to visit...

Eekamouse

What is it you want? Him to continue to pay child support but not have the right to visitation with his child?

t74

OP, Does the word "contempt" have any meaning for you? You are despicable! I hope the judge hauls you over the coals.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
CHILD SUPPORT IS NOT AN ADMISSION FEE TO SEE YOUR CHILD. Get an attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:

latigo

Some questions, if you please:

How do you reconcile your statements that (1) "he has made no effort to see her in over 5 years" with (2) "I've refused him visitation . . . "?! How can you claim to have denied a request for visitation when none has been made?

What advantage or goal do you see as being achieved should the court act favorably on your petition? And to whose benefit? Yours? The child's?

When the judge asks you if you think it is advisable that your daughter to be forever deprived of any opportunity to receive financial support and succor from her biological father what will be your answer? Why do you feel that you have the right to deprive the child of that inherent right?

Are you going to deny what seems obvious here that your motivation is primarily vindication?

Sharon P.

Well, he never enforced his visitation nor has he asked to see her in over 5yrs. My bf has been her primary emotional nd financial support since she was 15 months. As, I did admit my wrongs but every conversation has been about child support nd modifying that not exercising his visitation RIGHTS since Dec 2012! So, I'm at fault for keeping my child from a man who hasn't even asked for her in over 5yrs! I petition to terminate his rights and her step father and I will move forward with the adoption. Does he have right to get to know her bio father yes. But, if he hasnt made any effort to even see or ask about her. How is that contempt? He's also at fault as well!

Just Blue

Well, he never enforced his visitation nor has he asked to see her in over 5yrs. My bf has been her primary emotional nd financial support since she was 15 months. As, I did admit my wrongs but every conversation has been about child support nd modifying that not exercising his visitation RIGHTS since Dec 2012! So, I'm at fault for keeping my child from a man who hasn't even asked for her in over 5yrs! I petition to terminate his rights and her step father and I will move forward with the adoption. Does he have right to get to know her bio father yes. But, if he hasnt made any effort to even see or ask about her. How is that contempt? He's also at fault as well!
Is he your boyfriend or husband? Big difference.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You as custodial parent are supposed to facilitate the relationship -- NOT hold the child hostage. Again, you are a horrible person. And every conversation is about money? really? Why is that? Because you are greedy and want to milk dad for everything he has and use the child against him in that way?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is he your boyfriend or husband? Big difference.
She could have both a bf and a husband. Because she strikes me as someone that would do that without letting the husband know she is screwing around on the side. Hey, if she will hold a child hostage for child support, she is capable of that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sweetheart - do not expect his rights to be terminated involuntarily - especially as it seems you have unclean hands yourself. I'm not really sure how you can say he hasn't asked for the child in one breathe, and then that you denied him time with the next. And "all conversations are about money"? Seems you've had a hand in making it so. No, dear - you will not terminate his rights so easily.

As for a stepparent adoption? You need to be married, first. For at least a year.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

Your bf has been her primary financial support? WHAT ABOUT YOU? It's not his kid. Why aren't you her primary financial support? You're disgusting.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
LOL.

No. You won't. Not unless her FATHER agrees first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">