• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfit parent??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arends.lauren

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My boyfriend and his ex have been in court for close to a year for child custody.
His ex got primary custody and he has them two days a week. when they first got divorced his attorney screwed him over and gave his ex primary custody even though she is constantly cutting her wrist and the cops ahve visited her many times and she has gone to crisis. CPS never got involved. we had a guardian ad litem appointed and his ex's family paid her off so we got screwed over even more plus lies were brought up about me. Now we are in the same situation 6 months later but this time it is getting worse. She has total mind control over the kids. They will tell us one thing and they will tell thier mom a totally different thing because they are so afraid of their mom being hurt and cutting her wrist again. ( in front of the kids again!) She is mentally a 2 year old and well there is just too much to write down right now. But i was wondering how can we prove that she is an unfit mother bc everytime someone official is around her she down talks my boyfriend and she puts on an act! I have to personally say that if she was an actress she would be rich! Oh and she has said many times that she doesnt want the kids but she is getting $900 a month from my boyfriend so she is not giving them up willingly. Please someone help! Two kids are suffering!! Oh and we have no money for an attorney.

Last edited:

futuredust

My boyfriend and his ex have been in court for close to a year for child custody.
His ex got primary custody and he has them two days a week. when they first got divorced his attorney screwed him over and gave his ex primary custody even though she is constantly cutting her wrist and the cops ahve visited her many times and she has gone to crisis. CPS never got involved. we had a guardian ad litem appointed and his ex's family paid her off so we got screwed over even more plus lies were brought up about me. Now we are in the same situation 6 months later but this time it is getting worse. She has total mind control over the kids. They will tell us one thing and they will tell thier mom a totally different thing because they are so afraid of their mom being hurt and cutting her wrist again. ( in front of the kids again!) She is mentally a 2 year old and well there is just too much to write down right now. But i was wondering how can we prove that she is an unfit mother bc everytime someone official is around her she down talks my boyfriend and she puts on an act! I have to personally say that if she was an actress she would be rich! Oh and she has said many times that she doesnt want the kids but she is getting $900 a month from my boyfriend so she is not giving them up willingly. Please someone help! Two kids are suffering!! Oh and we have no money for an attorney.
Please read the forum sticky, "we" didn't and cannot do anything.

gr8rn

Read the stickie, edit your post, and if you know what's good for you, you will edit the part where you say the GAL was "paid off" or you will get no help here.

Perky

Mentally a 2 year old, but she has the ability to control minds and if she applied her talents to acting, she would be rich. Huh. Exaggerate much?

Proserpina

His ex got primary custody and he has them two days a week. when they first got divorced his attorney screwed him over and gave his ex primary custody even though she is constantly cutting her wrist and the cops ahve visited her many times and she has gone to crisis.

I guarantee you she is not "constantly" cutting her wrist.

CPS never got involved.

Did Dad actually call them? Were the kids present?

we had a guardian ad litem appointed and his ex's family paid her off so we got screwed over even more plus lies were brought up about me.

That's a crock. What lies were alleged? Why were YOU even involved in the process? Have you been interfering?

Now we are in the same situation 6 months later but this time it is getting worse. She has total mind control over the kids.

Please - stop the dramatics. She does NOT have "total mind control" over the kids.

They will tell us one thing and they will tell thier mom a totally different thing because they are so afraid of their mom being hurt and cutting her wrist again. ( in front of the kids again!) She is mentally a 2 year old and well there is just too much to write down right now.

So your boyfriend was ok sleeping with someone who is mentally 2 years old?

Interesting. Does it occur to the both of you that the kids could be playing up because that's simply what MANY kids of estranged parents do?

But i was wondering how can we prove that she is an unfit mother bc everytime someone official is around her she down talks my boyfriend and she puts on an act!

Is she abusing the children? Neglecting them?

I have to personally say that if she was an actress she would be rich! Oh and she has said many times that she doesnt want the kids but she is getting $900 a month from my boyfriend so she is not giving them up willingly. Please someone help! Two kids are suffering!! Oh and we have no money for an attorney.

And there's the crux of the matter.

dannyt

myob

my advice to you is to mind your own business. legally this is between your bf and your ex and doesnt concern you. you are not a party to anything concerning HIS kids, since you are dad's gf, not mom.and keep your opinions about mom to yourself, before it causes your bf problems. like losing custody.

Last edited:

acmb05

Read the stickie, edit your post, and if you know what's good for you, you will edit the part where you say the GAL was "paid off" or you will get no help here.
I agree, however we all know it happens so it is possible.

momofrose

GO AWAY!!! You are not even married to dad - you are a "girlfriend" - this is none of your business and you are stirring up trouble - GO AWAY!!!

mistoffolees

I suppose that GALs get paid off on occasion. But I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that it's a very rare occurrence. The majority of GALs could be making considerably more money practicing law or doing something else, so they're not doing it primarily for the money.

I'd say that it's about 100 times more likely that OP just plain failed to convince the GAL of something and so he assumed that GAL was paid off - because he is unable to see any view but his own.

Antigone*

my advice to you is to mind your own business. legally this is between your bf and your ex and doesnt concern you. you are not a party to anything concerning HIS kids, since you are dad's gf, not mom.and keep your opinions about mom to yourself, before it causes your bf problems.
For once I'm on dannyt's side.

What's up with that, twice in a week, I've had this affinity with dannyt ~ dang that is scary:eek:

futuredust

Until today, I would of never guessed it would happen with any amount of frequency in so much that "we" all would know it happens.. Seriously.

I suppose I am naive, but the only times I really think of corruption are the "good ol' boy" instances I went up against, or when there is serious money involved.

I doubt either are the case here.

futuredust

I suppose that GALs get paid off on occasion. But I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that it's a very rare occurrence. The majority of GALs could be making considerably more money practicing law or doing something else, so they're not doing it primarily for the money.

I'd say that it's about 100 times more likely that OP just plain failed to convince the GAL of something and so he assumed that GAL was paid off - because he is unable to see any view but his own.
In every instance I have been involved with a GAL, they were court appointed practicing attorneys. My children had one and my nephew has one now (had another years ago), two different states, both practicing attorneys appointed by the judge.

futuredust

For once I'm on dannyt's side.

What's up with that, twice in a week, I've had this affinity with dannyt ~ dang that is scary:eek:
Seems a few seniors have had occasion to agree with her/him/it in recent memory.. I think it's just the regurgitation of all the seniors infinite wisdom *wink*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">