• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MybrAinhurtz24

I'm in quite an odd position right now and i need advice, my ex and I had equal joint custody, but about a year and a half ago she decided she wanted to move to Arizona and left our son with me, she makes very little attempts at contacting him while she's gone and when she's here and I let her see our son, she takes him around someone I think is dangerous for him to be around and see doesnt let me talk to him, I don't believe my soon is safe alone with her, how do I go for full custody, so I can limit how she spends her time with our son and so she doesn't try to take him out of state?

Last edited:

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I'm in quite an odd position right now and i need advice, my ex and I had equal joint custody, but about a year and a half ago she decided she wanted to move to Arizona and left our son with me, she makes very little attempts at contacting him while she's gone and when she's here and I let her see our son, she takes him around someone I think is dangerous for him to be around and see doesnt let me talk to him, I don't believe my soon is safe alone with her, how do I go for full custody, so I can limit how she spends her time with our son and so she doesn't try to take him out of state?
You didn't tell us which state YOU live in, and that's important.

You can petition the court for custody, but you need to understand that unless you can prove that Mom is a threat to your son, she will be allowed to see him unsupervised, and take him out of state with her (as long as she isn't trying to actually relocate him). Basically, you will never be able to control what she does during her parenting time (and that includes who she associates with) unless you can convince the court that proof that supervision is required ... and that's much, much harder than you probably realize.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You will not have the right to limit her with her son. How has your son been hurt with her? How old is your son? Why is this person dangerous in your opinion? In what state was the court order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">