• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What motion do I need to file to get a different law guardian appointed to my childre

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buffcomp

I live in New York. The current law guardian appointed a visitation supervisor that is on methadone, and just got out of jail for drug possession, and cancelled the supervisor who had worked the same job for 22 years, had 2 kids (solid)... He will not fill me in on details when I ask (I am representing myself), stating that it involves "big lawyer words". He has also told the former supervisor that I am delusional and do not have credibility. What can I do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in New York. The current law guardian appointed a visitation supervisor that is on methadone, and just got out of jail for drug possession, and cancelled the supervisor who had worked the same job for 22 years, had 2 kids (solid)... He will not fill me in on details when I ask (I am representing myself), stating that it involves "big lawyer words". He has also told the former supervisor that I am delusional and do not have credibility. What can I do?
What evidence do you have that the visitation supervisor just got out of jail for drug possession? Who was the supervisor who had worked the same job for 22 years? Do you have an attorney?

Buffcomp

I know the supervisor well, she is back in jail again right now for having two warrants for her arrest. The only reason that I agreed to this supervisor is because I know that I am the real supervisor, they are my children. The former supervisor who is a solid person was her husband. I am currently representing myself. I need to file a motion to get a new law Guardian, but I do not know which paperwork to file.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I know the supervisor well, she is back in jail again right now for having two warrants for her arrest. The only reason that I agreed to this supervisor is because I know that I am the real supervisor, they are my children. The former supervisor who is a solid person was her husband. I am currently representing myself. I need to file a motion to get a new law Guardian, but I do not know which paperwork to file.
I strongly doubt that's what the court intended.

Why is your parenting time supervised?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU agreed to this supervisor? Then you screwed up. You don't get a new law guardian because you screwed up.

Buffcomp

YOU agreed to this supervisor? Then you screwed up. You don't get a new law guardian because you screwed up.
The law guardian was supposed to vet this person and did not. He shows predjudice for me and dous not do his job properly. HE screwed up. What to file?

Just Blue

The law guardian was supposed to vet this person and did not. He shows predjudice for me and dous not do his job properly. HE screwed up. What to file?
Kinda curious that you waited almost 4 months to reply here. Why is that?

Buffcomp

I was accused of having a "undiagnosed mental illness". She dropped the case 1 week before trial. She STILL is denying access after I have gotten 2 negative evaluations. During the case, the law guardian told the supervisor that I was "delusional" and "not credible". He had no basis for say this. Now I am taking her to court for not following a court order, visitation and custody violations. I want to make sure that this prejudiced guardian is OFF the case. Funny thing- she has no psych experice, nor the guardian, and I was a psych minor with a 4.0 GPA, and worked as a supervisor in a home for the mentally ill.... You figure it out... BTW, I did not get notification of any replies, athough the option is checked.

Buffcomp

This statement doesn't make sense.
What does not make sense? I want the case dropped WITH predjudice, I want her to pay for the assessments she forced me through, she did not comply with the temporary order set in place. She thinks she can just drop it and all is good? I do not think so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">