• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why am I the one that is in trouble for something I can’t control?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jntaylor

My sons school officials have reported me and my husband to local DSS/sheriffs office making allegations about the concern for the well being of my child. The school guidance counsler(one who made the report) said that she had to do this because she could not get verification of a drs note that we turned in to her because my son was sick and missed school. Why is my husband and I being put through this because of something she/the school can’t acquire?

eerelations

My sons school officials have reported me and my husband to local DSS/sheriffs office making allegations about the concern for the well being of my child. The school guidance counsler(one who made the report) said that she had to do this because she could not get verification of a drs note that we turned in to her because my son was sick and missed school. Why is my husband and I being put through this because of something she/the school can’t acquire?
Did she call the doctor's office and they refused to say one way or the other? Or did they say they never saw your son on that date? Because if the latter, then I can see why she called DSS...

Just Blue

There is obviously an issue with your child missing school. Why is that?

HRZ

The release of medical information is a complex topic and it makes a lot of sense to me that a Drs office refuses to comment on questions about a possible patient visit to a 3d party question.

You have a duty to have your child in attendance ..and if you think there is a valid excuse under your laws and policies it is your duty to present same ( and fudged Drs notes are not rare in school situations ) I'm my view f there is a question about the authenticity or scope of the note it's up to you to generate any written permission necessary for the release of medical records and any costs involved. THe Drs office is not there to process data requests from 3d parties.

THe school officials are most likely mandatory reporters of any suspected child abuse ...and to me it's prudent that if a child is absent more than a day or so and the issues are not readily verifiable , that then appropriate authorities be notified.

I suspect there is more to the story than is being posted by OP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">