• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worried mama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

florida wife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida
My hubby and I have been separated for 5 mths now. I left because he was controlling, mentally abusive, and extremely irrational. I have 2 children and he has 2; we have 1 together who is 6 mths old. Since we have been separated I found out that he has had two domestic battery charges, and his kids say he neglected them alot in the past. I knew that he had drug charges, and that he was trying to rekindle his relationships with his two other children. However, in getting to know about these things a bit more in detail I am taking the signs I see pretty seriously, i.e.: he closed our bank account without me knowing after an arguement we had over money, he has come to my house and left in a fit of rage on 2 occassions after me asking him to leave when he pushed me or got in my face, he has yelled and screamed at my Mother, and he has not called or shown 5 times for visits with his child. I have two main concerns. I am worried about what he will do to me and my whole family when he gets mad, and about the kind of visits he will be able to have with our child. What should I do? What kind of visitation will he most likely be awarded? I fully understand that every child has a right to be with both parties, and totally agree. My other child loves to visit with the other side of the family! But we aren't even divorced yet, and he has already done a no call/no show so many times... Not to mention his record and his violent temper! He tells me that I am not going to control HIS child, and that he will get the child 4 times a week if he feels like it when I ask him why he doesn't show up.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">