• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad dad wants custody.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tommy lee

Bad dad wants custody of his daughter who he has only seen maybe a year and a half of her life, she is 5 years old, he wants to avoid helping with money and is hoping to get split custody so that he wont have to help with money at all. meanwhile he doesn't even like to be with his daughter and treats her like a chore and only has her one day out of the week.

He has filed a suit against the mother, so the mother filed a counter and went to a lawyer for a consultation and the lawyer says that the father will get everything he is asking for regardless of how much of a loser he is.

If anybody can clear my confusion I would really appreciate it. thank you everyone.

Just Blue

Bad dad wants custody of his daughter who he has only seen maybe a year and a half of her life, she is 5 years old, he wants to avoid helping with money and is hoping to get split custody so that he wont have to help with money at all. meanwhile he doesn't even like to be with his daughter and treats her like a chore and only has her one day out of the week.

He has filed a suit against the mother, so the mother filed a counter and went to a lawyer for a consultation and the lawyer says that the father will get everything he is asking for regardless of how much of a loser he is.

If anybody can clear my confusion I would really appreciate it. thank you everyone.
Who are you in this situation? And what U.S. state is this in?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I guess the overstepping maybe-step, maybe-boyfriend who is our OP doesn't like being told the truth :rolleyes:

LdiJ

If an attorney is really telling mom that he will automatically get a 50/50 timeshare and no child support then mom should perhaps be talking to another attorney.

MOM should be talking to another attorney, and mom's boyfriend/spouse/significant other should back off.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Tommy - step back. Have Mom post for herself, under her own account. This is HER business, not yours. If you're not careful, you will ensure that Dad gets what he's asking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">