• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can ohio csea suspend a Michigan driver's license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimgarrett

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
Husband complied with the csea before the ending date on notice to suspend his license. But, they continued to go through with suspending it. He called them told them he had just found employment. They sent him the paper work to give to the employer. This was a temp agency, (only employment he could get) handed it in then by the 3rd week working was told he was layed off for a week from a shortage of parts, but had gotten a chance to train for a better job. Had to pass training in order to get a temp to hire position, he did pass and decided to take that job. As soon as he got placedwhich was the next day, he called the csea the day after and told them all the info for the new employer so they could take the support payments out soon as possible. we receive a letter from csea post marked 3 days after he called and gave them all the information to collect support, they suspended his license anyway! he was working with them and giving them all the info they requested. It's not like he was with holding money. He wasn't making any. so after he gets a job they are taking out money then they suspend his drivers license?!! I dont agree with this law for some. like in our case, I do understand there are others out there that need this threat. Now, how is he suppose to get to and from his new job. We don't live in a city, we are country living hard working people. He called them the next day and asked them why, explained to them they are going to get paid, didn't help. they told him he had to come up with $600. AND then pay a $25 reinstatement fee to the ohio bmv. The following day he called and let them know that he sent out a money order for that amount. Which as his wife and mother of our 3 kids came up with that out of my own personal money from my pay check because I didn't see the point of watching my husband lose a job and not be able to pay at all. and that would also hurt my family we count on his income too. His first check they took out support. So, we are waiting to receive a notice that they lifted it and then what? right now he is still driving to and from work, because he has no other choice, thiss iss why this law isn't a fair punishment in all cases. I want to know if ohio csea can suspend a Michigan license? And how fast can all this get resolved?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">