• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child costs too much.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyoverhere2001

I live in Michigan. I currently have a 4 yr old who I get every other weekend, which I know is insignificant, however, it's all I can get right now.

My child support was assessed at $280/month, which is not bad. However, I'm also ordered to pay 100% of ins, 50% of child care and any other medical expenses. Here in lies my problem. I only make $300/week. Child care is ridiculous as she has her friend, jack the price, then write off my ex-wife's half. It's insane, I'm paying almost 2 and a half to 3 times what I would anywhere else. Everytime I try and say something to the court, judge tells me he doesn't want to hear it, and not to talk about it anymore. I'm kinda stuck here. With all the expenses added up, I'm paying literally almost $800/month.

So, judge tells me to get another job. I've only got a GED. I was busted in 11th grade and went into the service. Spent 10 yrs there. Got out, did some odd jobs and such. Married this woman, quite a few yrs later. When married to her, I was making almost 1.5 million a yr. Then she decides she wants to turn me in to the IRS. Blah, blah, blah, and here we sit.

Is there anything I can do about the child costs and everything? I've tried to get the judge to make her show proof that she's actually paying that, and he either won't make her, or when he does, she dummies up some reciepts. (It's her best friend with the child care...)

Thanks guys, and gals.

fairisfair

child costs too much???????

Nice:rolleyes:

apparently you didn't save any of that 1.5 million. but alot of the blah blah blah

jbowman

So, judge tells me to get another job. I've only got a GED..
And this is what you must do. You've got one job, correct? And you've only got a GED. So why can you not have 2 jobs with a GED? If you had to ability to make 1.5 a year in the past, you better get your hustle on and make some money now.

mommyof4

If you had to ability to make 1.5 a year in the past, you better get your hustle on and make some money now.
Allow me to emphasize that you are capable of LEGALLY earning more money.

Chez McD's comes to mind.....

CourtClerk

Average cost of 1 bdrm apt. in my area = $1000/mo, low end cost of 2bdrm to support the child = $1250, difference: $250, my half = $125

Cost of child care (40 min in the am, 3hrs in the PM) = $444/mo, my half = $222.00

I hardly eat at home... groceries? $400/mo, my half $200

Medical/dental = $710.00/mo, my half = $355.00

School lunch = $60/mo, my half = $30

School supplies = $50 semester, my half $50/yr.

Daily Meds = $20/mo, my half $10.

Football (by the time the season is over)= $650, my half $325
Basketball = $85.00, my half = $42.50
Karate $33./mo, my half = $16.50
Swimming = $50.00, my half $25.00
Baseball = $20.00, my half $10.00

I'm at almost $1000 and I haven't even included clothes, shoes and laundry. Let's not forget money for the school dance, cell phone, birthday party gifts, lost school ID cards, money for school projects, money for field trips...

And I do all of the above, including the basic expenses on my own.

Moral of the story: grow up.

guyoverhere2001

Wow...Apparently this thread has turned into a how to on making yourself feel important. I guess legality and morality goes right out the window when a guy asks for help. I bet if I was a woman and it was reversed, you all would be singing a completely different tune. Nice to know that the internet is at least consistent everywhere. Also nice to know this is the thanks I get for 10 yrs of unquestioned service to my country. You people all missed the point here. I could earn a lot more if I wanted, sure. However, she's making $80,000/yr, and I'm the one paying support. The question wasn't whether or not you agree with me or not, but what I can do about the situation. Geez, you'd think I asked to break the law or something.

guyoverhere2001

And I do all of the above, including the basic expenses on my own.

Moral of the story: grow up.

Oh, and by the way. It's not my fault that you choose to have a kid with an immature person who cannot take care of his responsibilities. So using your own logic, every woman should have to do it on her own because you do? In that case, I'm golden and am released from responsibility, right? Or, did you mean that since you do it, everyone else (i.e. me) should be able to? If that's the case, then why have child support if it only takes one person anyway?

guyoverhere2001

That's not a good accusation to sling here. I, for one, am a husband trying to collect from a dead-beat mother.
Ok...But again, majority ruling...That certainly is not the norm, right? I'm just trying to even the playing field. Not reinvent the wheel. By the by, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Just stating what I believe to be the facts. You can't tell me it wouldn't be different.

CourtClerk

Oh, and by the way. It's not my fault that you choose to have a kid with an immature person who cannot take care of his responsibilities. So using your own logic, every woman should have to do it on her own because you do? In that case, I'm golden and am released from responsibility, right? Or, did you mean that since you do it, everyone else (i.e. me) should be able to? If that's the case, then why have child support if it only takes one person anyway?
Before you make such a blanket statement, how do you know the father in question isn't dead?

Just asking...

CourtClerk

And by the way, no matter what the circumstance is, the point is I cheerfully will go broke taking care of my child. Your ex makes 80K/yr? Does that some how negate your responsibility for supporting your child? Why? Because you feel like she has enough money to go around? Are you yet another bitter man that can't stand it because his ex is doing better than he is (see how blanket statements are ineffective?)?

10 years of service you gave to this country. Thank you. There, that's about all you get because unless you were drafted, you made the choice to do it. However, you don't get brownie points for it.

guyoverhere2001

HAHAHA...I was hoping you would say that. Serious, I already did think of that. Then I thought, nah, then she wouldn't be doing it all by herself. That wouldn't be very woman's lib. She would then have the support of the death benefits, any insurance he had, and monies of the like. Also I'm positive there is no family support system you have, right? Again, all by yourself.

Simply playing odds ma'am, using what you said, and how you said it, to make an educated guess.

fairisfair

Ok...But again, majority ruling...That certainly is not the norm, right? I'm just trying to even the playing field. Not reinvent the wheel. By the by, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Just stating what I believe to be the facts. You can't tell me it wouldn't be different.
If a mother had posted here with the same stupid title. I can guarantee, IT WOULDN'T BE ANY DIFFERENT.

You are the wizard, capable of making millions at the drop of a hat. Even the playing field yourself by getting a better job.

oh, and a legal one might be nice this time. :rolleyes:

guyoverhere2001

10 years of service you gave to this country. Thank you. There, that's about all you get because unless you were drafted, you made the choice to do it. However, you don't get brownie points for it.
Ok...I get it. This is a discussion for another time. I was areested, as I said, and given a choice. Prison, or the service. I'm not looking for brownie points, just the benefit of the doubt. In the 10 yrs I gave, I don't regret any of it, and would do it again. It's women like you though, that could not have any clue what it is to defend freedoms and liberties on a level much more intense than any court room. Serious, the things I've done so you could say the things you say. It's remarkable how fast people will slap the guard dog, when there is crap on the lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">