• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Calculation in TEXAS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AllYouCanEatx42

What is the name of your state (TEXAS)?

I have 2 kids with different mothers. I was never married to either of them. I was in a relationship with the Second mother and lived with her and my 2nd child, but now we're separated and she barely lets me see my child AND wants to file child support. How will it be calculated? Will I have to put my first child on CS as well? Which one will be determined as the "first child"?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (TEXAS)?

I have 2 kids with different mothers. I was never married to either of them. I was in a relationship with the Second mother and lived with her and my 2nd child, but now we're separated and she barely lets me see my child AND wants to file child support. How will it be calculated? Will I have to put my first child on CS as well? Which one will be determined as the "first child"?
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cs/welcome-to-the-child-support-division

The first mother to file will get the greatest part of the support.

adjusterjack

I have 2 kids with different mothers. I was never married to either of them. I was in a relationship with the Second mother and lived with her and my 2nd child, but now we're separated and she barely lets me see my child AND wants to file child support.
And she'll get it. But you can file for court ordered visitation, too.

How will it be calculated?
You can figure that out with this calculator:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cs/calculator/

Will I have to put my first child on CS as well? Which one will be determined as the "first child"?
I have no idea what that means.

Aren't you already paying CS for your first child? If not, why not?

AllYouCanEatx42

I have no idea what that means.

Aren't you already paying CS for your first child? If not, why not?
Neither one of them wanted to put me on child support, but now that I am not with the 2nd mother anymore, SHE wants to put me on Child Support...I just dont know how that is going to affect my first child and the mother

LdiJ

Neither one of them wanted to put me on child support, but now that I am not with the 2nd mother anymore, SHE wants to put me on Child Support...I just dont know how that is going to affect my first child and the mother
We don't know either, since all we know is that you are not on child support at this time. Unless the mother of your first child hurries up and gets child support set up for that child, that child will be on the losing end. I she does, the second child will be on the losing end.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The first Mom to file will get CS on your stated income. The next Mom will get CS based on your income minus the CS ordered for the first filing. You should be helping support both (all) your children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">