• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support case review-continuances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri/Kentucky

Nutshell:
Myself and children reside in Kentucky, ex husband in Missouri. Kentucky has asked Missouri to enforce order and arrears. Started almost 3 years ago. Missouri has registered the case and is enforcing the order. They have now continued the review three times to allow my ex time to prove he has paid more than I claim. I submitted an affidavit as to what he has paid since the original order, he is contesting that.

I have yet to go to these reviews, mainly because the timing. Tax season right now and the last one I was traveling. The first one I was told it was not necessary. Would my presence do anything? Can I file anything to stop the continuances?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri/Kentucky

Nutshell:
Myself and children reside in Kentucky, ex husband in Missouri. Kentucky has asked Missouri to enforce order and arrears. Started almost 3 years ago. Missouri has registered the case and is enforcing the order. They have now continued the review three times to allow my ex time to prove he has paid more than I claim. I submitted an affidavit as to what he has paid since the original order, he is contesting that.

I have yet to go to these reviews, mainly because the timing. Tax season right now and the last one I was traveling. The first one I was told it was not necessary. Would my presence do anything? Can I file anything to stop the continuances?
You going wouldn't do anything because this is NOT your case really. It was filed by the state to enforce. You didn't file it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">