• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support nonpayment for 30 year old child and order of extradiction arest toPR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sprkrose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ "Hi, This is what I just found out my step father married in Puerto Rico and althought the divorce was done in Puerto Rico ( he never appear due to work and therefore the judge back in the early 80's awarded the terms to the exwife) Here is the problem: The terms of divorce were for him to pay until the (kids two of them) finish school or as long they were in school,according to the document there is no age limmit. They are now in their early 30's and althought the N J court closed the child support case He was just served an arrest extradiction court order for failure to appear, mind you he hd hired 3 attorneys whom told him that he did not need to appear, Now his daughters want 80,000.00 and two life insurance policy of 100,000 each. My step father has no money nor his family this is purely an injustice because of his daughters who claimed that as long as they can they will hurt my step dad. If he is extradicted he will loose his job. Also there is no bail according to the extradiction letter. PLEASE HELP I feel all the attorneys he had paid in full to resolve this case has misrepresented him. I further found out that one of my stepdaughters did an intership with one of the attorneys whom he hired. These girls are ver vindictive they both have doctororactes and I just found out that they attended to college with financial aid from the state of puerto rico while my father paid to them for school. I need a referral of an attorney that can represent my father. He is always paid his child support. Is there any way we can appeal to the supreme court to stop this. WHat the daughters want is to hummilliate him and to continue the extorcion This sounds illegal and although this is happening in Puerto Rico he lives in NJ and according to the law Puerto Rico is a common wealth of the US the child support laws are the same Right? Is this now a civil case if so PLEASE HELP...sep 24 08"

and was asked on 09/24/2008

tuffbrk

We do not give referrals on this site. There is, however, a tool bar in the upper right that you can click on that will assist you in locating an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">