• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS in MA past 18?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustratedinma

What is the name of your state?MA

My son will be 18 in November and I have received a letter from DOR stating the CS will end then and cannot help me any further. Because my son was born in November he missed the cut off for Kindergarten and did not start school until almost 6. So he will not graduate HS until next June. Can I get CS until he is out of HS? What do I need to do? Can it be Pre Se?

Thanks for any help!

Happy Trails

frustratedinma said:
What is the name of your state?MA

My son will be 18 in November and I have received a letter from DOR stating the CS will end then and cannot help me any further. Because my son was born in November he missed the cut off for Kindergarten and did not start school until almost 6. So he will not graduate HS until next June. Can I get CS until he is out of HS? What do I need to do? Can it be Pre Se?

Thanks for any help!
I don't answer to posts too often in this section, but I did find this:

The court may make appropriate orders of maintenance, support and education of any child who has attained age eighteen but who has not attained age twenty-one and who is domiciled in the home of a parent, and is principally dependent upon said parent for maintenance.

At this site: http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/208-28.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">