• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dual Income Dad, Work FT & VA Disability. Will court consider both in calculation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beerusama

Dual Income Dad, Work FT & VA Disability. Will court consider both in calculation?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona, Maricopa County

Scenario: Marine Veteran, Hon Dis 2008. Two weeks ago finally got service connected for my combat related injuring and rated @ 40% disability with 2 dependents so about $650mo.
I work full-time, information technology, gross about 100k.

Question: In regards to Child Support Only, will AZ Family court combine both of my incomes together and use that as the total gross calculation for support?
Veterans benefits come from the federal level, and evidently there is this Veterans Disability Protection Act 2010 that is supposed to keep the lower states from reaching in and taking money from Vets with Disabilities.

What do you guys/gals think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">