• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wife wont turn of taxes or financial docs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

They are divorced.

OP is entitled to non of ex-wife's assets accrued post divorce, unless there were a stipulation to the decree to that effect.

This is about child support.

OP does not get to reduce child support just because his ex-wife remarried.

Notice that his wife moves 2 states away, and we're not talkin New England states, and his concern is what are her current assets, not his time with the kids.
I live in North Central MA. I can get to VT, NH, RI and Conn within 2 hours. Just to clarify the New England comment...:)

HRZ

I'm not sure why the fuss or guessing about OPs use of the information....the legislature said do it ..., the court apparently so ordered as well ...no further justification needed. If OPs EX doesn't like it..take it up with the legislature ..or explain to a judge why one is so special as to be exempt.

In modern life there are lots of reporting requirements ..few of us have the time and energy to debate the necessity of same. ..this one seems pretty darn routine as well.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I'm not sure why the fuss or guessing about OPs use of the information....the legislature said do it ..., the court apparently so ordered as well ...no further justification needed. If OPs EX doesn't like it..take it up with the legislature ..or explain to a judge why one is so special as to be exempt.

In modern life there are lots of reporting requirements ..few of us have the time and energy to debate the necessity of same. ..this one seems pretty darn routine as well.
Pot, there's a kettle wanting to meet with you.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

No. The court didn't order it. It is not explicitly part of the decree, it is a law on the books.

In fact, not only did the court *not* order it, the court *rejected* OP's petitions to find her in contempt by not doing it.

I find it telling that OP complains about this, but not diminished parenting time resulting from the move. As he has not complained about travel costs, perhaps she is covering those (as she should).

HRZ

And bottom line remains if law says send ex X,Y,Z on annual basis , just do it ...it's not up to ex spouse to decide which laws count and which ones do not .

I don't know the capacity of family court clinic to made decisions ..but OP if you want the information...go get a lawyer . My guess as to the value of the information being useless once you get it...does not matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">