• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed to comply with court conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Terryb1972

Minnesota .. I failed to comply with court ordered conditions. Lost my job couldn't find a new job. So a body only warrents was issued (I'm turning my self in ) since warrents was issued I have made some payments .I'm still behind ... What's going to happen to me

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm guessing you didn't let the court know that you'd lost your job? What were the conditions? How far behind are you? And for how long?

I suspect much will depend on your demeanor in court. And the details of the situation. Is the other parent sympathetic?

Terryb1972

I'm guessing you didn't let the court know that you'd lost your job? What were the conditions? How far behind are you? And for how long?

I suspect much will depend on your demeanor in court. And the details of the situation. Is the other parent sympathetic?
I'm 600 behind on the agreement but alot behind over all. I lost my job when I got arrested at the time we made the agreement then released to find out I lost my job over it. I now have a great job and trying to get caught up but still 600 behind on the agreement the agreement was 200 a month the agreement was made in oct.I'm slowly getting it payed down my worry is if I end up in jail I will loose my new job and be back to being behind

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't know that anyone can really tell you what might happen, to be honest. But is there any way you can come up with the $600, or at least a chunk and/or a plan on paper as to how you plan to pay the remainder (of the $600) and in what kind of timeframe? I wouldn't expect the judge to be too happy with you, so make sure you're neat & clean, and and come across as really, really, really doing your best to not have this happen again... I'm hoping that getting arrested wasn't a usual thing for you... Best of luck.

Terryb1972

I don't know that anyone can really tell you what might happen, to be honest. But is there any way you can come up with the $600, or at least a chunk and/or a plan on paper as to how you plan to pay the remainder (of the $600) and in what kind of timeframe? I wouldn't expect the judge to be too happy with you, so make sure you're neat & clean, and and come across as really, really, really doing your best to not have this happen again... I'm hoping that getting arrested wasn't a usual thing for you... Best of luck.
Thanks I was arested in Oct when this was all set up that's the only time I have ever been arested on this at that point I did post a 1200 cash bail. Made all my court date for that and forfeited the bail towards the support. ... it's all in the rears both kids are in there 20s now and my daughter and her husband are expecting April 28 hope I'm not still in jail when the baby is born so I can't go see my daughter and the baby..

Terryb1972

Update

I turned my self .posted a 1200 cash bail. I have court on monday. I made a payment arrangement with my child support case worker of 200 a week. I'm wondering if I tell the judge I will put the bail towards the support and make 200 a week payment for 6 weeks and revisit it then if that will keep me out of jail for not complying with the condition...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I turned my self .posted a 1200 cash bail. I have court on monday. I made a payment arrangement with my child support case worker of 200 a week. I'm wondering if I tell the judge I will put the bail towards the support and make 200 a week payment for 6 weeks and revisit it then if that will keep me out of jail for not complying with the condition...
Hopefully the judge will be sympathetic and appreciate your current efforts. I tend to be somewhat harsh with parents that don't support their kis, but something about you makes me less so. Let us know how it goes if you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">