• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers Rights and Abortions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

namedbypirates

North Dakota: My brother has been dating a girl for 4 months. He recently found out that she is pregnant. My brother does not want kids right now due to financial instability and is not ready. We recently found out that she has been lying about having a job. He told her his concerns and she said that she will take him to court for child support then... Is there anything he can do to prevent this from happening?

Just Blue

North Dakota: My brother has been dating a girl for 4 months. He recently found out that she is pregnant. My brother does not want kids right now due to financial instability and is not ready. We recently found out that she has been lying about having a job. He told her his concerns and she said that she will take him to court for child support then... Is there anything he can do to prevent this from happening?
Are you asking if there is a legal way to force this woman to have an abortion?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. There is not a thing he can do to prevent this from happening.

If he doesn't want to have kids at this point then he needs to keep it zipped. Or at the very least remember to wear his raincoat when it's wet.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
He can support his child once paternity is established. He can also file to establish some sort of custody and enforceable parenting plan.

And before the question is asked no, he won't get full custody just to avoid paying child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">