• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment and slandering by ex wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my husbamd have been together for 4 years now, he raised my 2 boys and we now have a 2 year old together. He jas an 8 year old with his ex wife. Things use to be good when she was younger but its like the longer we stay together the more she harasses us. Shes called cps on us 3 diff times, i have screen shots of all the stuff she posts about me and him on facebook all the harassing texts. Not only that but his daughter cant even stand to be around us anymore. We dont get to see her beacuse her mom tells her these horrible things to ruin wjat little time we do have with her. They takr over 50% of his check for child support. We live on $600 a month for 3 years with 3 kids at home. We have had bills turned off, no phone, no gas to get my kids to school. She recently sued us over a $3000 in arrears because she hadnt got child support since my husband was laid off.(hes working and was working at the timeof court) so now he goes to jail if a payment is missed within the 5 years. I am tired of her embarassing m, making fun of my kids, slandering my name on social media, AND she takes every bit of money we have to where our children are suffering. She had their daughter tell cops that my 6 year old was touching her inapropriatly and he was forced to take 3 months of counceling just to be told he knows without a doubt that my son didnt do the things she made her daughter say. She also hatasses us over child support. I am done. I am not living like this. It causes stress between me and him and his daughter. What can we do?! H

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Me and my husbamd have been together for 4 years now, he raised my 2 boys and we now have a 2 year old together. He jas an 8 year old with his ex wife. Things use to be good when she was younger but its like the longer we stay together the more she harasses us. Shes called cps on us 3 diff times, i have screen shots of all the stuff she posts about me and him on facebook all the harassing texts. Not only that but his daughter cant even stand to be around us anymore. We dont get to see her beacuse her mom tells her these horrible things to ruin wjat little time we do have with her. They takr over 50% of his check for child support. We live on $600 a month for 3 years with 3 kids at home. We have had bills turned off, no phone, no gas to get my kids to school. She recently sued us over a $3000 in arrears because she hadnt got child support since my husband was laid off.(hes working and was working at the timeof court) so now he goes to jail if a payment is missed within the 5 years. I am tired of her embarassing m, making fun of my kids, slandering my name on social media, AND she takes every bit of money we have to where our children are suffering. She had their daughter tell cops that my 6 year old was touching her inapropriatly and he was forced to take 3 months of counceling just to be told he knows without a doubt that my son didnt do the things she made her daughter say. She also hatasses us over child support. I am done. I am not living like this. It causes stress between me and him and his daughter. What can we do?! H
You could tell us what US state you are in.
You could divorce him. You could also stop stalking her on social media. Perhaps your husband would like to log on to explore his possible legal options?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
You and your husband need to start living within your financial means, for one thing. I trust the father of your two sons is paying child support?

Shut down your social media accounts. Appreciate the little things in life. And stop letting Mom rent so much room in your head.

LdiJ

You and your husband need to start living within your financial means, for one thing. I trust the father of your two sons is paying child support?

Shut down your social media accounts. Appreciate the little things in life. And stop letting Mom rent so much room in your head.
I will also add that if you are not working, then perhaps you need to get a job to help cover the cost of providing for your children. I realize that can be difficult with young children at home but there are ways around that.

We live in texas. Why would i divorce the love of my life? The father of my children. And i am owed $38,000 in arrears by my ex. He is in prison. So i wont ever see that money. The fact that some women are so obsessed by taking their ex's money and leaving them with out even being able yo pay a bill is rediculous. Our last check was $168. We do live within our means lol. We are poor, because of child support. We live in the cheapest house we could find. I have 2 toddlers so paying for daycAre would take my entire check. It would be $250 a week for daycare. Iv already tried all that.

Also id like to add, i have her blocked on everything so no i do not stalk her. Everyone that knows me will screen shot her stuff and send it to me. Its stuff that could ruin my reputation in this tiny town i grew up in. No man on this earth shoyld have to do hard labor 6 days a week to get a $168 check...thats pathetic

Let me clear that up. I have 2 boys one is 4 and one os almost 8. Their dad has never wanted anything to do with them he raised my youngest from 6 months old.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If that much of his check is being taken for CS, is it safe to assume that he is paying on both arrears and current CS? Honestly? His responsibility towards his first child should have come before a new family. Sorry.

HRZ

HAs dad revisited the child support math in TX his specific fact pattern, and IF a reduction seems logical, made a petition for reduction ...the facts may matter...the social warfare is not a legal issue .

Just Blue

Also id like to add, i have her blocked on everything so no i do not stalk her. Everyone that knows me will screen shot her stuff and send it to me. Its stuff that could ruin my reputation in this tiny town i grew up in. No man on this earth shoyld have to do hard labor 6 days a week to get a $168 check...thats pathetic
What is pathetic is two parents (you and hubby) having children you can't afford and then blaming it on an innocent child. The ex is doing what a good parent should...making sure BOTH parents support her daughter/son.

And you could get a job...just work off hours than your hubby does. IE....He works 9am-5pm...you work 11pm-7am.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
We live in texas. Why would i divorce the love of my life? The father of my children. And i am owed $38,000 in arrears by my ex. He is in prison. So i wont ever see that money. The fact that some women are so obsessed by taking their ex's money and leaving them with out even being able yo pay a bill is rediculous. Our last check was $168. We do live within our means lol. We are poor, because of child support. We live in the cheapest house we could find. I have 2 toddlers so paying for daycAre would take my entire check. It would be $250 a week for daycare. Iv already tried all that.
It's his kid. The kid predates his involvement with you.

You either accept that he's on the hook to support his first kid, or, if you cannot stand living like this, you divorce him. It's only his choice to support his stepkids, and you and he didn't have to make more together. Really.

Wanting and expecting child support to be paid is not "obsessive" behavior. She wants her ex-husband to financially support his child.

She reasonably expects this because she did not choose to have a children with some lowlife that would be spending copious time in prison due to his lowlife activities.

Just Blue

Why does this situation sound so familiar?
Could e she posted under a different name before...or just that these types of threads all sound alike after a while..."whaaa...evil ex is taking food out of MY childrens mouthes...whaaaaaa"

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Somehow, the phrase "All my exes live in Texas" comes to mind...

When I lived down there, every other person seemed to have a convoluted life story like this.

I particularly was amused by the comment in the initial post here, "Things use to be good when she was younger" - like, now that she is old and wrinkly and over 25 she's become so unreasonable. (The kid in question is 8. OP and her husband have been "together" for 4 years, her 4 year old's Dad is in prison.)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Somehow, the phrase "All my exes live in Texas" comes to mind...

When I lived down there, every other person seemed to have a convoluted life story like this.

I particularly was amused by the comment in the initial post here, "Things use to be good when she was younger" - like, now that she is old and wrinkly and over 25 she's become so unreasonable. (The kid in question is 8. OP and her husband have been "together" for 4 years, her 4 year old's Dad is in prison.)
I think the "she" from "Things use to be good when she was younger" was the 8yo daughter. Pronouns B confusing...

But yes, I did the math, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">