• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horrible X

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rusty66

:( What is the name of your state? UT I would like to know if there is anything that we can do? My husband and I just got married a couple of months ago, and have 6 boys between the two of us. The 2 youngest are his. His X is a real piece of work. We pay her $1000 per month for child support and alimony, but we have the kids almost 5 to 6 days of the week if not more, and when we don't have them she brings them to my husbands mother's house (their grandmother's) and she goes out and parties. The kids can't stand to be with her, and always cry when they have to go to her house. They just want to be with us. She barely feeds them nor takes care of them. We end up buying everything for them, and I just can't for the life of me figure out what in the He#*@!! are we paying her for?? I have an X-husband too, and I have hardly ever asked anything from him! He pays $500 per month for our 4 kids, but I'm not an evil person either. I just want to know how can we prove that the kids are with us all of the time? Is it true that there is some kind of law that she would have to have the kids less than 30 or 40 something hours per month, before they would reduce his child support?

LdiJ

rusty66 said:
:( What is the name of your state? UT I would like to know if there is anything that we can do? My husband and I just got married a couple of months ago, and have 6 boys between the two of us. The 2 youngest are his. His X is a real piece of work. We pay her $1000 per month for child support and alimony, but we have the kids almost 5 to 6 days of the week if not more, and when we don't have them she brings them to my husbands mother's house (their grandmother's) and she goes out and parties. The kids can't stand to be with her, and always cry when they have to go to her house. They just want to be with us. She barely feeds them nor takes care of them. We end up buying everything for them, and I just can't for the life of me figure out what in the He#*@!! are we paying her for?? I have an X-husband too, and I have hardly ever asked anything from him! He pays $500 per month for our 4 kids, but I'm not an evil person either. I just want to know how can we prove that the kids are with us all of the time? Is it true that there is some kind of law that she would have to have the kids less than 30 or 40 something hours per month, before they would reduce his child support?
You always have the option of filing for custody. If you can demonstrate that the children spend that much time with you the case could be winnable. However, odds are that as soon as you file the mother will stop allowing the children to be with you so much. So be prepared for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">