• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married in georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barnyard

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?georgia

i recently found out i have a child.does the state of georgia include my wifes salary in support orders. and do they count the child that we have together?

Legal Answer

barnyard said:

i recently found out i have a child.does the state of georgia include my wifes salary in support orders. and do they count the child that we have together?

Only if there's a trailer in your story - - preferably a single-wide.

IAAL

LdiJ

barnyard said:

No, a spouse's salary is not included in a child support calculation. Only the salaries of the parents are relevant.

Bali Hai

LdiJ said:
No, a spouse's salary is not included in a child support calculation. Only the salaries of the parents are relevant.
That's the good news.

The bad news is you'll be paying 17-23% of your AGI without a tax deduction.

Of course that applies if you are working. If not your wife may be paying indirectly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">