• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical copayments for adult child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not if they tell them the insurance is still in force; it's only the address that is changing. Why do you go out of your way to make up problems where none exist?

Okay, will this make everyone happy?

Dear Hospital Billing Office,

Effective xx/xx/2018 the address for Susie Blank will be 123 Maple Street, Anytown, State, 12345. The address for John and Mary Blank will continue to be 456 Oak Street.

Susie, Mary and John all continue to be covered under insurance Policy xxx123456789.

Sincerely,

Really, this isn't as hard as you are all trying to make it.

OP, if your insurance is through your or your husband's employer, I strongly recommend that you notify their benefits office of Susie's change of address so that they don't inadvertently change it back to yours.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course, Dad could remind his daughter to make sure the hospital has her correct billing address.

LdiJ

Not if they tell them the insurance is still in force; it's only the address that is changing. Why do you go out of your way to make up problems where none exist?

Okay, will this make everyone happy?

Dear Hospital Billing Office,

Effective xx/xx/2018 the address for Susie Blank will be 123 Maple Street, Anytown, State, 12345. The address for John and Mary Blank will continue to be 456 Oak Street.

Susie, Mary and John all continue to be covered under insurance Policy xxx123456789.

Sincerely,

Really, this isn't as hard as you are all trying to make it.

OP, if your insurance is through your or your husband's employer, I strongly recommend that you notify their benefits office of Susie's change of address so that they don't inadvertently change it back to yours.
I just think that even worrying about it is silly. She is a legal adult, the person providing her insurance is not liable for her medical bills so why even make it such a big deal? If the hospital makes a mistake (which is unlikely) its totally fixable.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, since everything went smoothly when it happened to you, that's a guarantee that no one else will ever have any problems. Fairly typical of your responses. YOUR experience MUST be universal, be it good or bad.

While I certainly agree that this is not something that's a big deal, I can't help but wonder why it is evidently so offensive to you that someone try to be pro-active about keeping the records straight?

xylene

I really don't expect that mom could personally change adult daughters billing address, by phone or by mail, in advance or after the fact. She's a third party.

Mom has not received any bills, and if (unlikely) she receives bills in her name it will very likely be a minor hassle and several round of communication with the insurer and billing office. She maybe, in the possible future, might need to worry about this.

It is important to note that an Explantion of Benefits is not a bill, and does not confer any liabilit) and this is something mom is much more likely to possibly receive. Which does not equate to any liability.

Just Blue

Yes, since everything went smoothly when it happened to you, that's a guarantee that no one else will ever have any problems. Fairly typical of your responses. YOUR experience MUST be universal, be it good or bad.

While I certainly agree that this is not something that's a big deal, I can't help but wonder why it is evidently so offensive to you that someone try to be pro-active about keeping the records straight?
Just wait cbg....You will be the latest on the "Go Pound Sand" list. LD doesn't like to be told she is wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">