• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modification or what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sydney

What is the name of your state? FLorida

I am the custodial parent 60/40, getting 1200 a month by the ex directly, as per the mediation agreement. I have good reason to believe that he will be leaving the state, although in the mediation agreement, he is not to leave the tri county regon. With this in mind, should I get a modification, granting 100 custody, and thus more child support, with the reasoning that he is abandoning his children. He claims that he can no live on what he is making and paying his bills along with the child support.

My fear is that he will, and from what his mother has told me, will "go and work off the books" in another state.

Do I also get this switched to a "domestic realtions" payment?

What is the first step I should take? Is this something that I can do wih out my lawyers help?

Thanks for your help in advance!

NotSoNew

i thought i answered this before?

you cant do anything because you think he might do these things

you would have to wait until he did anything.

sydney said:

I am the custodial parent 60/40, getting 1200 a month by the ex directly, as per the mediation agreement. I have good reason to believe that he will be leaving the state, although in the mediation agreement, he is not to leave the tri county regon. With this in mind, should I get a modification, granting 100 custody, and thus more child support, with the reasoning that he is abandoning his children. He claims that he can no live on what he is making and paying his bills along with the child support.

My fear is that he will, and from what his mother has told me, will "go and work off the books" in another state.

Do I also get this switched to a "domestic realtions" payment?

What is the first step I should take? Is this something that I can do wih out my lawyers help?

Thanks for your help in advance!
I don't know about your state but in al you are suppose to give a 30 day notice if you are moving 60 miles or more, and then you would have the opportunity to object to the moving, stating how it would be bad for the child. But it does have to be bad for the child, if not I don't know what you can do.

B

betterthanher

sydney said:

I am the custodial parent 60/40, getting 1200 a month by the ex directly, as per the mediation agreement. I have good reason to believe that he will be leaving the state, although in the mediation agreement, he is not to leave the tri county regon.
"Good reason"?

I have "good reason" you're on crack.

See my point?

With this in mind, should I get a modification, granting 100 custody, and thus more child support, with the reasoning that he is abandoning his children.
You're kidding right?

We can see your agenda from a mile away.

if you need more money, get another job.

nextwife

sydney said:

My, my. Aren't we making a whole lot of PRESUMPTIONS here.

First, moving out of state does NOT, of itself, equal "abandoning his children". Not to mention that none of what you are claiming as rationale has even happened yet.

"Judge, I think he is going to move out of state,
therefore I think that should be considered abandonment,
because I think he may be planning to work off the books,
therefore I think I should be given Sole Custody and
I think since I have justified getting Sole custody
I should be awarded more money."

C'mon!

Lisabyday

Are you trying to get 100% custody in order to get more money; or, are you trying to get more money because he is presumably abandoning his kids; or, are you just trying to make certain you get your promised money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">