• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new child support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieV

Attempting to fix this...

1) Hopefully your husband and his ex actually have a court order that reflects the current parenting plan. If the parenting agreement has changed, but it was not filed with the court, that would be the first step.

2) Did your husband petition to modify custody when the parenting plan changed? If not, then why not?

Again, you are a legal stranger. While I can understand your desire to help your husband, legally he's the one that has to do this. You can nag him, but ultimately he's the one that has to stand up and deal with this.
Thank you so much for your help and for being nice about it..I can't believe some of the other answers..I'm new to all this and I appreciate your honesty.

DebbieV

The Child Support forum used to be part of the Child Custody and Visitation forum. It has, apparently, been broken off in to its own forum and the sticky isn't at the top of this one.

The link to the "sticky" is here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/newbies-please-read-before-posting-387214.html
thank you so much for posting that..I really didn't know I wasn't supposed to post as the stepmom...I just didn't know where else to turn for advice. I will not post anything else..and thank you for being nice about it.

DebbieV

stepmom out

Hi everyone, yes I have finally read the sticky so I know the rule I violated. I wish someone had just told me that rule in a nice way instead of trying to embarrass me. As a stepmom, I am used to being marginalized and being told that I don't matter ...usually by our hcbm and not by strangers who I am asking advice from. And yes I know that I broke the rules again by using hcbm but I don't care because I will not be asking any more questions on this site so feel free to ban me..I want to thank everyone who gave genuine helpful advice and to the ones who just hurled insults about my vagina being melded to my husband...well, I just feel sorry for you..If you have to attack people because of things you just assume then you shouldn't be on an advice forum. Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">