• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new child support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida We need to file for child support in florida. My husband and his ex wife have a divorce decree from 2004. they had joint custody so no one paid child support. that changed in 2016 where we now have full custodial custody and she does not pay anything for their support. How do we go about filing? Do we just go down to the courthouse and get the forms or do we need to go back to the court with the divorce decree? and how much would this all cost...thank you

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida I need to file for child support in florida. My husband and his ex wife have a divorce decree from 2004. they had joint custody so no one paid child support. that changed in 2016 where we now have full custodial custody and she does not pay anything for their support. How do I go about filing? Do I just go down to the courthouse and get the forms or do we need to go back to the court with the divorce decree? and how much would this all cost...thank you
Why do you need to file for child support? Do you and your husband have a child together and you are contemplating divorce? I don't understand.

I mean, I'm SURE you don't mean that you think you have anything to do with your husband and his ex-wife, right?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida I need to file for child support in florida. My husband and his ex wife have a divorce decree from 2004. they had joint custody so no one paid child support. that changed in 2016 where we now have full custodial custody and she does not pay anything for their support. How do I go about filing? Do I just go down to the courthouse and get the forms or do we need to go back to the court with the divorce decree? and how much would this all cost...thank you
Why on God's Green Earth YOU have a LEGAL right to fie for anything ?

DebbieV

stepmom

Why do you need to file for child support? Do you and your husband have a child together and you are contemplating divorce? I don't understand.

I mean, I'm SURE you don't mean that you think you have anything to do with your husband and his ex-wife, right?
I am asking for my husband..we want to file for child support..for his kids which are my stepsons. I am just doing the legwork..

DebbieV

stepmom

Why on God's Green Earth YOU have a LEGAL right to fie for anything ?
I am asking for my husband ..we would be filing together for the child support from his ex...I'm just doing the legwork here..he would be filing the papers.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I am asking for my husband ..we would be filing together for the child support from his ex...I'm just doing the legwork here..he would be filing the papers.
No, you would not. Legally, this is none of your business. :cool:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Attempting to fix this...

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida My husband needs to file for child support in florida. My husband and his ex wife have a divorce decree from 2004. They had joint custody so no one paid child support. That changed in 2016 where he now has full custodial custody and she does not pay anything for their support. How does my husband go about filing? Do he just go down to the courthouse and get the forms or do he need to go back to the court with the divorce decree? and how much would this all cost...thank you for your patience, as this is really my husband's legal issue and not mine.
1) Hopefully your husband and his ex actually have a court order that reflects the current parenting plan. If the parenting agreement has changed, but it was not filed with the court, that would be the first step.

2) Did your husband petition to modify custody when the parenting plan changed? If not, then why not?

Again, you are a legal stranger. While I can understand your desire to help your husband, legally he's the one that has to do this. You can nag him, but ultimately he's the one that has to stand up and deal with this.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are a legal stranger. YOU do not get to file for anything. YOU do not have full custodial custody -- that does NOT exist. Let your husband take care of his legal issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am asking for my husband..we want to file for child support..for his kids which are my stepsons. I am just doing the legwork..
You don't get to do anything. If your husband cared, he could do the legwork.

Just Blue

Please take 5 min's of your time and read the "stickey" at the top of the child custody forum. Then have hubby sign up under his own user name and ask his own questions. Thank You.

DebbieV

well thank you everyone for the advice...a bit mean at times since I was only asking for advice but that's ok...I appreciate the advice anyway..

HRZ

LEts put it this way...Dad has pretty good odds to get the order reviewed and his points heard and child support consistent with the new fact pattern on the table ....but its up to him ...and he might be wise to,use paid legal assistance ..

...BTW does other parent have means to pay?

DebbieV

LEts put it this way...Dad has pretty good odds to get the order reviewed and his points heard and child support consistent with the new fact pattern on the table ....but its up to him ...and he might be wise to,use paid legal assistance ..

...BTW does other parent have means to pay?
yes she makes a lot of money we wouldn't ask for help if she couldn't afford it...and thank you for the advice.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Debbie,

A lot of people have tried to give you hints that your use of "we" in this context is highly inappropriate...yet you won't stop doing it. You should take the hint better because your over involvement could do your husband more damage than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">