+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ohio CSEA BS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5

    Ohio CSEA BS

    State we live in is ohio.

    My son qualifies for and has medicaid due to a serious medical condition. His mother and I are not married but we are still together and even live together. While I personally am disabled and am in the process of getting disability and have already gotten the "required" 2 denials and am waiting on the third which will get approval according to my disability lawyer. The state has taken this lovely opportunity to take us to court for "non payment of child support" which they are claiming that we owe child support to the state for his use of the state funded Medicaid program... I have looked all throughout the ohio law books as much as my migraines would allow and I could not find any correlation between the two except for 1 single thing which referred to for 1 the fact that the child support had to be setup already by the parents anyway.... And 2 it only referred to private insurance when requiring medical child support payments and even that went to the parent and not the STATE....

    What do you think is going on here and do you think the state has any sort of case?
    If anyone has any law credentials that answers I would love to know. Thanks in advance


    Last edited by army303rd; 10-09-2017 at 11:03 PM.
  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    76,831
    Quote Originally Posted by army303rd View Post
    State we live in is ohio.

    My son qualifies for and has medicaid due to a serious medical condition. His mother and I are not married but we are still together and even live together. While I personally am disabled and am in the process of getting disability and have already gotten the "required" 2 denials and am waiting on the third which will get approval according to my disability lawyer. The state has taken this lovely opportunity to take us to court for "non payment of child support" which they are claiming that we owe child support to the state for his use of the state funded Medicaid program... I have looked all throughout the ohio law books as much as my migraines would allow and I could not find any correlation between the two except for 1 single thing which referred to for 1 the fact that the child support had to be setup already by the parents anyway.... And 2 it only referred to private insurance when requiring medical child support payments and even that went to the parent and not the STATE....

    What do you think is going on here and do you think the state has any sort of case?
    If anyone has any law credentials that answers I would love to know. Thanks in advance
    Does the agency clearly understand that you are all living together as a family and was your son's eligibility for Medicaid based on the total household income?

    Its not uncommon, in an unwed situation, for the agency that administers Medicaid, food stamps and TANIF to go after the parent who was not involved in the application for benefits for child support as reimbursements for the benefits.

    The best way to avoid that is for both parents to be involved in the application process to ensure that they are treating you as a family unit.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by LdiJ View Post
    Does the agency clearly understand that you are all living together as a family and was your son's eligibility for Medicaid based on the total household income?

    Its not uncommon, in an unwed situation, for the agency that administers Medicaid, food stamps and TANIF to go after the parent who was not involved in the application for benefits for child support as reimbursements for the benefits.

    The best way to avoid that is for both parents to be involved in the application process to ensure that they are treating you as a family unit.
    I don't want to go into too many details about it because if I reveal too many details my case could be looked up easily since as you are about to find out clearly my court case happened yesterday...

    But as previously mentioned my case happened yesterday and the judge ruled that that my CS order was obtained illegally and the order itself was unlawful for a number of reasons that have to do with for one specifics regarding the procedure that they have to do before they can actually perform a CS in Ohio according to ohio law. And second regarding what you mentioned which I am thankful for because it reminded me of this and was then brought up in the court case and also to do with something that they did when setting up the CS order... Unfortunately I'm not sure how much or if any specifics can be brought up regarding this because for one they launched an investigation because of this and second we are suing them for damages because of what my disability is the stress of having to deal with them and this situation caused my health condition to worsen and they effectively ruined my credit score over 200 points last I checked...
    Thanks again


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58,345
    Quote Originally Posted by army303rd View Post
    I don't want to go into too many details about it because if I reveal too many details my case could be looked up easily since as you are about to find out clearly my court case happened yesterday...

    But as previously mentioned my case happened yesterday and the judge ruled that that my CS order was obtained illegally and the order itself was unlawful for a number of reasons that have to do with for one specifics regarding the procedure that they have to do before they can actually perform a CS in Ohio according to ohio law. And second regarding what you mentioned which I am thankful for because it reminded me of this and was then brought up in the court case and also to do with something that they did when setting up the CS order... Unfortunately I'm not sure how much or if any specifics can be brought up regarding this because for one they launched an investigation because of this and second we are suing them for damages because of what my disability is the stress of having to deal with them and this situation caused my health condition to worsen and they effectively ruined my credit score over 200 points last I checked...
    Thanks again
    There are 88 counties in Ohio. There is not one central database that anyone here can access that will bring up every case that was argued yesterday. So it cannot be looked up that easily.


    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

    Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

    I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    There are 88 counties in Ohio. There is not one central database that anyone here can access that will bring up every case that was argued yesterday. So it cannot be looked up that easily.
    Maybe not but other people have been found on far less information than what I provided... Sorry I just don't want to take the chance and potentially risk the investigation and suit. But after it's over I will come back and give the details because I'm sure a lot of people are very curious as to what happened because I'm sure it's not often that csea is found to have done illegal actions so much so that a judge asked that they be criminally investigated.


+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Very frustrated with Ohio CSEA--thoughts, advice?
    By graham6732 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
  2. csea
    By Tabb27 in forum Other Government & Administrative Law Matters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:24 PM
  3. Can ohio csea suspend a Michigan driver's license?
    By kimgarrett in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
  4. Csea
    By LifeTimeVictim in forum Child Support
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 06:17 PM
  5. Court CS vs. CSEA
    By truebluemd in forum Child Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.