• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old situation brought upon new situation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JayWhite1983

FL.

Since I am disabled, and cannot work, and have no income, I am pondering something.

Back in 2002 I was seeing a female. This female and I were dating 4 or 5 months. At that time she was wanting a baby. Her and I sat and conversed about it for quite a while because she was mentioning baby names. Well we both agreed upon that since we couldn't support ourselves, there's no way possible that we can have a child.

Time passed, and my parents started questioning I wasn't home, because I was living with her and her parents. My parents had caught up to me and demanded that I go home. This female that I was seeing was on birth control. While I was home on my parents demands, she called me saying she was pregnant. and I believed her. I told my parents about it and managed to go back to her. She also stated during the phone call that she was going to stop taking her birth control because she didn't want it to hurt the baby. And, I trusted and believed her whole heartedly.

Time passed, I went back to her, and we continued to have sex. Later on after more time passed, we went to the health department for a pregnancy test. I stayed outside because then my insights and gut feelings were making me trip on the situation telling me that she wasn't really pregnant in the first place when she told me. She came out and had a document stating that she was. I was fumed. The next day I left her residence because of my self inflicted thoughts and feelings upon it.

Upon within the next year that had passed, she had told me numerous amounts of times that she did it all to entrap me, and black mail me. She also said that she felt I would have stayed and married her, because of what she did. She also thought I was cheating on her, and that I was going to leave her. So she wanted me to 'stay' forever and she believed pregnancy with my baby would have kept me there.

Is this legal? Illegal? Is there any laws that have the above included in them that state that it is wrong and something can at least be done about it?

cyjeff

What was illegal?

You had sex. A baby was created.

Are you saying you were trapped into sex? You should be prepared to show evidence in court as to how you were forced to have sex.

Are you saying you were trapped into a baby? There are methods available at your disposal which could have aided in the prevention of a child. The fact that you did not take those precautions means that you were aware of the risk and took it willingly.

A woman is not the sole harbor for contraceptive activity. Further, any woman that is discussing baby names with you should have given you the tip off that additional methods may have been prudent.

Gracie3787

FL.

Since I am disabled, and cannot work, and have no income, I am pondering something.

Back in 2002 I was seeing a female. This female and I were dating 4 or 5 months. At that time she was wanting a baby. Her and I sat and conversed about it for quite a while because she was mentioning baby names. Well we both agreed upon that since we couldn't support ourselves, there's no way possible that we can have a child.

Time passed, and my parents started questioning I wasn't home, because I was living with her and her parents. My parents had caught up to me and demanded that I go home. This female that I was seeing was on birth control. While I was home on my parents demands, she called me saying she was pregnant. and I believed her. I told my parents about it and managed to go back to her. She also stated during the phone call that she was going to stop taking her birth control because she didn't want it to hurt the baby. And, I trusted and believed her whole heartedly.

Time passed, I went back to her, and we continued to have sex. Later on after more time passed, we went to the health department for a pregnancy test. I stayed outside because then my insights and gut feelings were making me trip on the situation telling me that she wasn't really pregnant in the first place when she told me. She came out and had a document stating that she was. I was fumed. The next day I left her residence because of my self inflicted thoughts and feelings upon it.

Upon within the next year that had passed, she had told me numerous amounts of times that she did it all to entrap me, and black mail me. She also said that she felt I would have stayed and married her, because of what she did. She also thought I was cheating on her, and that I was going to leave her. So she wanted me to 'stay' forever and she believed pregnancy with my baby would have kept me there.

Is this legal? Illegal? Is there any laws that have the above included in them that state that it is wrong and something can at least be done about it?
No, there's nothing you can do about her lying to you, etc.

Has she filed in court to establish paternity and CS?
If she has, or does so, you will need to request a DNA test.

Reading over your other posts, it sounds like you should go ahead and file with the SSA for disability, or at least get a consult with a local attorney about it.

JayWhite1983

Thank you Gracie3787 for understanding.

We established paternity over a few years ago and had the child support ordered after the results came back.

I've been wanting to file for SSDI except I feel I don't have enough medical evidence yet. One thing at a time. I just don't want it taking forever if I can make it not by waiting till I have enough documentation to file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">