• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should her recieving SS end my need to support her during her Visits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Does anybody know if Social Security Disability Payments (non SSDI- which has a payment for children, but the the SS that just pays for my son's disabled mother) can be considered income? I am currently paying $60 a week, even though I have custody, because the judge felt she would need some support during her visitations. Since then she has been awarded SS for herself. I want to go to court to argue that this she suffice, and I should not have to pay her anymore. Especially since she only sees him 1-2 hrs / week- usually at church- which costs her 1 pull-up and a serving of juice at the most.

BL

Double and multiple post in multiple threads .

PLEASE , keep your post and questions in one thread on the same subject .

Just hit reply to the original .

LdiJ

Does anybody know if Social Security Disability Payments (non SSDI- which has a payment for children, but the the SS that just pays for my son's disabled mother) can be considered income? I am currently paying $60 a week, even though I have custody, because the judge felt she would need some support during her visitations. Since then she has been awarded SS for herself. I want to go to court to argue that this she suffice, and I should not have to pay her anymore. Especially since she only sees him 1-2 hrs / week- usually at church- which costs her 1 pull-up and a serving of juice at the most.
SSI is supplement security income and its a very low amount a month. Its somewhere around 600.00. Obviously its basically impossible for her to support herself on 600.00 a month. Therefore I don't know if a judge would consider that a reason to stop having you pay the minimal child support that you are paying, on not. I would think that your greater argument would be the fact that she is not exercising her visitation.

Gracie3787

SSI is considered to be a form of public assistance, so it is not considered as income for CS purposes. The max SSI payment is $657.00 per month. Waay below poverty level.

I agree with the previous reply, you should concentrate your efforts on the issue of ex not using visitation, therefore does not need extra for visits that are non existant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">