• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange lawyer reaction to questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hissop

I live in New York.

When I asked my lawyer questions about child support payment guidelines, and it became apparent that I may have been in arrears, my lawyer reacted strangely. He told me not to tell him any more. Then, he gave me the phone number of another attorney to call about the matter. This next attorney then set up two meetings reminiscent of collusion. Both meetings occurred after dark in a remote, dimly-lit parking lot. The first meeting was to discover my questions, and the next was to hand me a packet of research addressing those concerns. At his insistence, all payments were in cash.

What's the reason for this strange behavior? Are lawyers not supposed to discuss child support matters with clients who may be in arrears?

Last edited:

quincy

I live in New York.

When I asked my lawyer questions about child support payment guidelines, and it became apparent that I may have been in arrears, my lawyer reacted strangely. He told me not to tell him any more. Then, he gave me the phone number of another attorney to call about the matter. This next attorney then set up two meetings reminiscent of collusion. Both meetings occurred after dark in a remote, dimly-lit parking lot. The first meeting was to discover my questions, and the next was to hand me a packet of research addressing those concerns. At his insistence, all payments were in cash.

What's the reason for this strange behavior? Are lawyers not supposed to discuss child support matters with clients who may be in arrears?
The attorney may be representing your ex or was not a real attorney.

latigo

I live in New York.

And I suppose the other attorney appeared out of the shadows wearing dark glasses, a fedora with the brim turned down and a trench coat with the collar turned up. Sort of ala Eddie Murphy in "Trading Places" as he passed the bogus USDA orange crop report to the Duke brothers.

Get real! Your yarn isn't selling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">