• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car troubles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fumingex

What is the name of your state? WI

I was dating a guy who I knew for 7 years. He convinced me to finance a car for him. I didn't want to do it, but after he promised not to screw me over and we went over the terms, I did it. I found out he was cheating on me and did just use me to get the car about 3 months after I got it. It has been almost a year and I reposessed the car after chasing him down for the money each month. I have to pay the remaining balance of $3000 on the car. This month he told me he couldn't afford it and I would have to sell it. Luckily, last month, after all the problems I went thru getting money from him, I had him sign a contract saying he's responsible for all damages, parking tickets, etc. and that if he didn't pay or make arrangements to pay me by a certain date, I would take the car back.
He owes $25 in parking tickets and has caused body damage to the car. Does he owe me the money for tickets and fixing the damages since he signed my contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">