• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was arrested due to a domestic disturbance btwn me and her and she got a restraining order against me. We were living together and after my night in jail I couldn't go back to the house. She ended up forging my name on my vehicle title which was registered in Cali, got a ,$3000 loan and then let them repo my car. She sold my lap top, favlet, jewelry, washer and dryer and everything else I owned.
Your case is by no means straight-forward. It really is beyond the scope of this forum. Based only on what you've told us, I do not believe that the other party has been properly served. You need to speak to a local attorney. Best of luck to you.

Jennjenn8878

Your case is by no means straight-forward. It really is beyond the scope of this forum. Based only on what you've told us, I do not believe that the other party has been properly served. You need to speak to a local attorney. Best of luck to you.
What do you mean by properly served? Certified mail is not considered serving a summons?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What do you mean by properly served? Certified mail is not considered serving a summons?
It wasn't signed for at the address you mailed it to.

On a related note, who mailed it out?

ETA: To expand on this, you tried to serve someone within the state improperly. That mail was then forwarded out of the state to some unknown person who then signed for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">