• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil case injury , protecting the defendant, getting laid off by the defendant!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robcal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny.
I did a big job for a major hospital in ny working for a electrical contractor. I was involved in litigation for a slip and fall . Now person is suing my boss. I protected him with photos and documents. He gave me a ****ty layoff and now I would like to reveal that the accident was our fault.
What can I do to have no more litigation with this case. Can I contact his insurance lawyer and tell them that it was our fault?
What can I do to have some last word to tell him he no longer owns me?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny.
I did a big job for a major hospital in ny working for a electrical contractor. I was involved in litigation for a slip and fall . Now person is suing my boss. I protected him with photos and documents. He gave me a ****ty layoff and now I would like to reveal that the accident was our fault.
What can I do to have no more litigation with this case. Can I contact his insurance lawyer and tell them that it was our fault?
What can I do to have some last word to tell him he no longer owns me?
Are you saying you lied in a personal injury accident case to help your employer, and now you want to tell a different story because you no longer like your employer?

quincy

If Robcal's changed story comes after his layoff by the employer he claims to have helped, the new story could be seen as false as he says his first story was.

The only thing that seems certain is that Robcal will be viewed as a liar and he opens himself up to a charge of perjury if he lied while under oath.

Robcal should speak to an attorney in his area before he contacts anyone with a change in the tale he previously told.

quincy

Nothing.

Keep your mouth shut and get on with your life. ...
It sounds as if the case is an ongoing one ("What can I do to have no more litigation with this case .."). If so, Robcal may not have the option of "keeping his mouth shut" and getting on with his life.

What he should say when he next must open his mouth is something best discussed with his own attorney (not the one representing his employer).

Robcal

Question never asked

Thank you all.
I will keep my mouth shut as the story does have truth to it.
Now how do I stay out of any future litigation?
Am I compelled to answer any future questions from insurance companies ?

quincy

Thank you all.
I will keep my mouth shut as the story does have truth to it.
Now how do I stay out of any future litigation?
Am I compelled to answer any future questions from insurance companies ?
There may be no way for you to stay out of any future litigation and you might be required to answer questions. It really depends on how necessary you are to the case and whether you are under oath at the time of questioning.

If the insurance company requests more information from you, you would probably be smart to speak to an attorney first. You don't want to complicate your position by telling additional lies.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">