• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is class action certification under 23(b)(2) consistent with punitive damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AndyAl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
Civil rights violations. Filing a class action suit in federal court for injunctive and declaratory relief only. Will demand for punitive damages preclude certification under 23(b)(2)? I would appreciate short reply and web links / references to sources of law.

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
Civil rights violations. Filing a class action suit in federal court for injunctive and declaratory relief only. Will demand for punitive damages preclude certification under 23(b)(2)? I would appreciate short reply and web links / references to sources of law.
Is this a homework assignment?

quincy

A simple answer to my question suffices, Andy.

As a note, though, insulting the volunteers on this site tends not to work in your favor, if you are seeking answers from these volunteers. If you like to insult, you can pay for the privilege by hiring an attorney in your area (or you can tell your professor that you cannot find anyone to answer your homework question for you and you are unable to answer it yourself).

Last edited:

AndyAl

A simple answer to my question suffices, Andy.

As a note, though, insulting the volunteers on this site tends not to work in your favor, if you are seeking answers from these volunteers. If you like to insult, you can pay for the privilege by hiring an attorney in your area (or you can tell your professor that you cannot find anyone to answer your homework question for you and you are unable to answer it yourself).
it is funny that you still continue to ask irrelevant questions, and going even further - to answer them yourself...
Let me clarify that I have not sought help of volunteers who post their irrelevant comments to boost their forum ranks or for other purposes. I am interested only in help of those who can comment on the issue. Can you?

Just Blue

it is funny that you still continue to ask irrelevant questions, and going even further - to answer them yourself...
Let me clarify that I have not sought help of volunteers who post their irrelevant comments to boost their forum ranks or for other purposes. I am interested only in help of those who can comment on the issue. Can you?
I actually know the answer. Hire an attorney. You are so rude. I am trully embarrassed that you are from my State. :(

quincy

I could have helped you by answering your question, if you had only thought it smart to answer mine.

p.s. "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar in Following the Equator, 1897

(this post is only to boost my forum rank)

Just Blue

I could have helped you by answering your question, if you had only thought it smart to answer mine.

p.s. "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar in Following the Equator, 1897

(this post is only to boost my forum rank)
LOL!! Give me a quote and you can gat more "rank". :pPP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">