• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have enough evidence for a restraining order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gomeybiygockey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
There is this girl that has been cyber attacking me for over a year now. She has told me to kill myself 20+ times, knowing I suffer from severe depression and have attempted suicide before. New years eve 2016 she told me to kill myself and i got drunk and attempted to. I was taken to the hospital. She has also harassed my family saying my dad deserves to die from his cancer because I'm his daughter and my grandfather deserved to die. Just last night she lit a picture of my 1 year old niece on fire and a picture of me, texted me 10 times telling me to overdose and kill myself, and when i responded she threatened to get her boyfriend on me. I also have been told by multiple of her friends that she gets drunk 3-4 times a week and walks around my apartment complex trying to find my house to hurt me. They would willingly go on record saying they have witnessed it. I realize being a jerk and a psycho that burns pictures of babies isn't a crime, but I still wasn't sure if I had enough evidence for a restraining order. I have every single text ever sent between her and I also. I don't feel comfortable knowing she knows where I live and could attack me out of nowhere.

quincy

There is this girl that has been cyber attacking me for over a year now. She has told me to kill myself 20+ times, knowing I suffer from severe depression and have attempted suicide before. New years eve 2016 she told me to kill myself and i got drunk and attempted to. I was taken to the hospital. She has also harassed my family saying my dad deserves to die from his cancer because I'm his daughter and my grandfather deserved to die. Just last night she lit a picture of my 1 year old niece on fire and a picture of me, texted me 10 times telling me to overdose and kill myself, and when i responded she threatened to get her boyfriend on me. I also have been told by multiple of her friends that she gets drunk 3-4 times a week and walks around my apartment complex trying to find my house to hurt me. They would willingly go on record saying they have witnessed it. I realize being a jerk and a psycho that burns pictures of babies isn't a crime, but I still wasn't sure if I had enough evidence for a restraining order. I have every single text ever sent between her and I also. I don't feel comfortable knowing she knows where I live and could attack me out of nowhere.
Who is this person to you?

Why is she doing this?

Why are you responding to her?

Why can you not ignore her?

Has there ever been personal contact or has contact always been online?

Has there ever been police contact?

Eekamouse

If she's telling you to kill yourself, why are you even talking to her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">