• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforceability of an injunction violating the law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

devanto

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I never posted in this forum before and please provide an answer to my concerns, if you can.

quincy

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It is not outside the realm of possibilities that devanto is not denerio ... but it is pretty darn close. :D
Oh I agree - but I put the possibility on about the same level as my ex paying the back CS she owes... ;)

PayrollHRGuy

Thanks a lot again. I will follow your advice and will not file anything with Florida Bar, at least for now.

In the injunction, court also ordered me to take actions to remove the postings I have made (prior to the injunction date) but injunction did not explain what kind of actions or how to take them. All those postings were made in public forums which I do not own and have no control to remove/modify. After the injunction was issued, I sent letters and a copy of injunction, to those forum owners, asking them to remove those postings (I have proof s that I sent those letters). Is this enough that I complied with the injunction?

Another question is that the injunction did not give any deadline for me to send these letters to public forum owners AND did not give any deadline by which those postings should actually be removed from the forums. Can I also use Fla. R. Civ. P., Rule 1.570(c)(1). Which says: “the judgment shall specify the time within which the act shall be performed” in case my neighbor files the motion for contempt?
The letters are a good start and may provide the protection you need. You should also check each of the forums that you posted to and simply look and see if you have the ability to remove your posts yourself. As an example in this forum there is an edit button at the bottom of each post that gives you the ability to delete the post.

If there wasn't a specific date, for your own production, you should take all actions you can possibly take as soon as you can possibly take them. In this case since you are reading this on the internet at this moment then you should do it now. As in stop reading here and go see if you can delete the posts.

quincy

The letters are a good start and may provide the protection you need. You should also check each of the forums that you posted to and simply look and see if you have the ability to remove your posts yourself. As an example in this forum there is an edit button at the bottom of each post that gives you the ability to delete the post.

If there wasn't a specific date, for your own production, you should take all actions you can possibly take as soon as you can possibly take them. In this case since you are reading this on the internet at this moment then you should do it now. As in stop reading here and go see if you can delete the posts.
Please read the other thread. This was already discussed thoroughly.

PayrollHRGuy

I see that. I had hit the reply button before lunch and before all of those posts about the previous thread were posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">