• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injury sustained on rental property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nbhenry

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I owned a property in Boston and sold it 2 month ago.
I learned that one of my old tenant's sister who did not live on the property is suing me for injuries sustained as a result to a damage step in stairway. she claimed she fell and hurt self due to my negligence to allow this condition to exist in stairway. Her attorney wants me to notify them of my liability insurance carrier's name and address.

I had no liability insurance for the time period she claimed she hurt self. Secondly, it happened in september 2005 and I learned about it 6 months later from her attorney. Thirdly, there were no damages in stairway eventhough, she claimed to have evidence. I also learned that she spent 2 months in jail not sure of reasons. Please advise me what my options are?

You Are Guilty

nbhenry said:
I owned a property in Boston and sold it 2 month ago.... she claimed she fell and hurt self ... in september 2005...
Holy Mary Mother of God! My friend, you have hit the lawsuit lottery! You have had the (mis)fortune of being sued by a clairvoyant plaintiff who knows exactly how she is going to hurt herself four months from now.

On the bright side, that does give you plenty of time to clean the stairway by then. In the meantime, you might want to consider hiring a lawyer to respond to the complaint you received before your time to do so expires.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">