+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Possibly. If the dealer paid off a loan on the vehicle, though, then a refund would be due the dealership. I suspect Phatten does not have money available for that. It is best to get the trade-in value and let the dealership keep the vehicle.
    You know, they've been incompetent enough that even taking the trade-in value, Phatten should triple check that the paperwork was filed right, and the loan is really paid off. Otherwise it'd be his dumb luck to have no car, but still be on the loan...

Remember, these are the idiots who have handled paperwork so well that they gave Phatten a loaner and then called it in to police as stolen. And reading between the lines, they haven't sounded particularly contrite for that faux pas.

Quote Originally Posted by not2cleverRed View Post
    You know, they've been incompetent enough that even taking the trade-in value, Phatten should triple check that the paperwork was filed right, and the loan is really paid off. Otherwise it'd be his dumb luck to have no car, but still be on the loan...

Remember, these are the idiots who have handled paperwork so well that they gave Phatten a loaner and then called it in to police as stolen. And reading between the lines, they haven't sounded particularly contrite for that faux pas.
    Agreed.

And Zigner, Phatton said, "They wanted to give us our trade in back but they paid it off." (See post 22)

I took that to mean there was an existing loan on the vehicle.

Last edited by quincy; 04-20-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Agreed.

And Zigner, Phatton said, "They wanted to give us our trade in back but they paid it off."

I took that to mean there was an existing loan on the vehicle.
    Oh, ok. Then what I said about what they are due is correct. Not the value of the trade, rather, the value of the trade minus whatever was paid on the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigner View Post
    Oh, ok. Then what I said about what they are due is correct. Not the value of the trade, rather, the value of the trade minus whatever was paid on the loan.
    I agree ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123