• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaner we were guven reported stolen from dealerdhip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Possibly. If the dealer paid off a loan on the vehicle, though, then a refund would be due the dealership. I suspect Phatten does not have money available for that. It is best to get the trade-in value and let the dealership keep the vehicle.
You know, they've been incompetent enough that even taking the trade-in value, Phatten should triple check that the paperwork was filed right, and the loan is really paid off. Otherwise it'd be his dumb luck to have no car, but still be on the loan...

Remember, these are the idiots who have handled paperwork so well that they gave Phatten a loaner and then called it in to police as stolen. And reading between the lines, they haven't sounded particularly contrite for that faux pas.

quincy

You know, they've been incompetent enough that even taking the trade-in value, Phatten should triple check that the paperwork was filed right, and the loan is really paid off. Otherwise it'd be his dumb luck to have no car, but still be on the loan...

Remember, these are the idiots who have handled paperwork so well that they gave Phatten a loaner and then called it in to police as stolen. And reading between the lines, they haven't sounded particularly contrite for that faux pas.
Agreed.

And Zigner, Phatton said, "They wanted to give us our trade in back but they paid it off." (See post 22)

I took that to mean there was an existing loan on the vehicle.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Agreed.

And Zigner, Phatton said, "They wanted to give us our trade in back but they paid it off."

I took that to mean there was an existing loan on the vehicle.
Oh, ok. Then what I said about what they are due is correct. Not the value of the trade, rather, the value of the trade minus whatever was paid on the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">