• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay out from settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lifeofhell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I successfully sued a nursing home and a settlement was reached on November 14th 2017. I still have received no money or date for payment. I spoke to my attorney today and was told they are still working on it. I asked if this was legal to drag it out and was given no real answer. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I successfully sued a nursing home and a settlement was reached on November 14th 2017. I still have received no money or date for payment. I spoke to my attorney today and was told they are still working on it. I asked if this was legal to drag it out and was given no real answer. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
I am not real sure what you mean by your attorney giving you "no real answer."

Your attorney is your best source of information. If you do not understand the answer given you by your attorney to your question, keep asking until you get an answer you understand.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">