• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Procedure to Rejoin Dismissed Cross-Defendant ? - CD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CD Paralegal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My question involves court procedures for the state of: CA

Construction Defect

Hi all...newbie here.....I need to bring a defendant back in that we previously dismissed.

I represent the developer defendant. When the cross-complaint was filed, we named numerous defendants, but then shortly after filing the cross, we dismissed 5 of defendants (before they were even served). We thought they did not work on any of the homes in the matter... I now received documents supporting that these 5 defendants DID work on homes in this matter so they need to be brought back in.

I believe (I inherited this case from another paralegal) that these 5 were dismissed even before they were served, so before they had any representation or filed an answer.

So what is the procedure to bring these 5 back in?

I am getting answers across the board from just serving them with the cross-complaint, to having to file a motion to set aside the dismissal. The atty keeps saying about signing stips to agree to come back in...but I don't think he realizes there was no representation for these subs in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">