• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

Oh, xylene. Please don't start with the reciprocal nonsense in this thread.
Cinderella doesn't live in the real world and Prince Charmings aren't real. Whether you are using an economic imbalances between people for exploiting someone or letting yourself get exploited naively, this forum is chock full of example proving wildly asymmetrical relationships & gifting relationships just don't really work out.

Just Blue

I hope you stop giving this person ANYTHING and learn the lesson that you should never give someone anything when that gift isn't is going to be able or willing to be reciprocated.
So...for you childs 3rd birthday you didn't give him/her a gift? :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Cinderella doesn't live in the real world and Prince Charmings aren't real. Whether you are using an economic imbalances between people for exploiting someone or letting yourself get exploited naively, this forum is chock full of example proving wildly asymmetrical relationships & gifting relationships just don't really work out.
I have a very, very close friend who, in the past, was not in a great place, financially speaking. I had no problem what-so-ever with offering gifts of varying amounts and values (large and small). I expect no reciprocity (in any sense). That's what GIFTING is all about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">