• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contract to buy a home together and then person backed out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chauncy58

The verbal agreement took place in Mississippi. Myself and my sister's boyfriend agreed verbally to purchase a trailor and put it on his family's property, 2 acres of which 1 acre would be signed over to me after he paid half of all the expenses of the purchase of the trailor and all the start up costs to put said trailor on the 2 acres. This included a well, a septic, back taxes on property paid by me and the trailor registration and insurance paid by me.

He said he had to get his money out of his retirement plan to pay me half of all these expenses. There are many other expenses also, all paid by me. He then broke off the relationship with my sister and never paid me a dime of all he owed me. I have receipts for everything. Many people knew of the agreement we had, the mobile home seller, the tax office, his family and all our friends. He refused to sign anything, just let everyone know he was "good for it" and he would pay half and sign 1 acre over to me as well.

Needless to say I have received nothing and had to sell the mobile home for less than half of what was paid for it. We had to get off the land. Everything was a total loss and I have received nothing towards all I laid out.

Can I sue him for a broken verbal contract with all the receipts and witnesses I have?
Help please.What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You may be able to recover some money for the things you bought for him...but you can't do anything about getting that 1 acre of property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">