• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

.... but what if the Affidavit IS about a property conveyance and formatted properly?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KellyS345

I am having problems with a county Recorder because she doesn't like the Deed I presented her because it contains an acceptance by the Grantee (by the way, the Deed was accepted by the Auditor's office, transfer tax paid, and on their end, the property was conveyed). The only thing this recorder said to me was, "I don't like it because it appears to be fraudulent." .... I am not going to go into crazy details about the back and forth I've had with this woman but she refused to put anything in writing so that I could fix the issue. So I prepared an Affidavit of Deed re: the conveyance and they are now refusing to record the Affidavit saying that it has nothing to do with property interest? I am a legal secretary, so I know how to follow their rules as to "form" ... at no point in time did they tell me that the "form" was not appropriate. So now I have to somehow get her to do her job. How do I enforce this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">