• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug tests and HIPAA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsCurtis6916

My EX mother in law has been receiving copies of mine and my husband's drug and alcohol test results without our knowledge or consent. Is this legal or is it a HIPAA violation? If it's a HIPAA violation, what can be done about it? Who, if anyone is held accountable?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My EX mother in law has been receiving copies of mine and my husband's drug and alcohol test results without our knowledge or consent. Is this legal or is it a HIPAA violation? If it's a HIPAA violation, what can be done about it? Who, if anyone is held accountable?
How has she been receiving them?

justalayman

How did the medical provider obtain their address?

Do they happen to be guardians of your children?

Bottom line; if you believe it’s Violation report the offending provider to the fed gov

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/index.html

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether it is or not depends on who is releasing them, under what circumstances, and why.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">